Blue ray playerPanasonic DMP-BD55 conection problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone out there help me, I have purchased the Panasonic player and am putting it through a Sony DA1200AS receiver then via a IXOS HDMI cable to a Benq projector. The image flashes blue to back stating serching for HDMI. Previously a Denon 1920 upscaleing DVD player worked fine. If I switch to the Free sat box that works fine. Panasonic advised me to buy a repeater so I have just prchased a AVREPEAT-30 and conected it first between the blue ray player and the receiver no change. I then tried between the receiver and the main HDMI lead still no change. I am becoming sick and frustrated no one seems even to agree that the repeater should be a solution. But I dont know where to go next. If I conect the blue ray player directly to the projector on a very short lead it will work fine but that is not an option for a perminant solution. The long lead is about 12 m. Please someone tell me what to do.

Phil

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
What happens when you connect directly using the 12m cable? Do you get problems at all resolutions and settings? HDMI is a complex beast and over long lengths, decent quality cabling is essential. This need not cost the earth but it does help if you buy from a retailer that can (almost) guarantee that the signal will get through. Sometimes some equipment will work and others won't. I'm afraid that's the harsh reality of HDMI. Have you considered a balun setup, passing the HDMI signal over network cable? The home automation sites and installers are usually good for this. I can highly recommend tmfsolutions, try speaking to Joe or John there and see what they advise. They sell good quality gear and deal with long run installations all the time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts