Blue Ray Player With Analogue Outputs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am looking to buy a Blue Ray Player in the next few weeks but as my Av Receiver is a few years old (Denon AVR 2803) I would like one with Analogue outputs the two models I have looked at are the Panasonic BD 80 and the Sony BDPS 550 what do you guys think of these two players

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
rabdoc:

Hi

I am looking to buy a Blue Ray Player in the next few weeks but as my Av Receiver is a few years old (Denon AVR 2803) I would like one with Analogue outputs the two models I have looked at are the Panasonic BD 80 and the Sony BDPS 550 what do you guys think of these two players

The BD60 has just beat the Sony in the June supertest so I'd say the BD80 if it's got the Anologue outputs.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys guys I still need to go to a shop and see them. Funny enough phoned a local shop to see if they stocked both players which they did, but was asked why do you want these two players don't you know they are exactly the same,seems a weird attitude won't be rushing to that shop when it's time to buy.

A

Anonymous

Up to a point, they are going to give the same video and audio performance. If it were me in your position, I'd see which one I could get the best price on, because frankly, you're not going to hear a difference unless you spend a lot more money. My money would be on the Sony for the best price you can find it for. www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk has the Sony at £217 delivered. Otherwise you can always get the superior Pioneer BDP51-FD for £275 from TLC Broadcast.

A

Anonymous

Will Harris:Up to a point, they are going to give the same video and audio performance. If it were me in your position, I'd see which one I could get the best price on, because frankly, you're not going to hear a difference unless you spend a lot more money. My money would be on the Sony for the best price you can find it for. www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk has the Sony at £217 delivered. Otherwise you can always get the superior Pioneer BDP51-FD for £275 from TLC Broadcast.

Hi Will

Thanks for your reply and your recomendation of the Pioneer BDP51-FD it sure is a nice looking player but I was wondering if you could tell me if it plays both DD HD and DTS Master audio through it's analogue outputs.

Thanks

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
My apologies for jumping in ... in theory, yes. It will play DTS MA pending on a firmware update.

However, as WillHarris knows from another forum, there are apparently bugs that need sorting first. When that has happened the flagship 91 as well as the new players will possibly be first in line for the update. - I can't say this for certain but it does look increasingly unlikely that the DTS MA f/w update, which has been promised for nearly a year, will reach the BDP51 so if this is an important feature to you, perhaps look elsewhere just to be safe. In all other respects, its a very good player indeed.

rabdoc:

Hi

Hi rabdoc! Sorry to correct you....but I think you should know. It's actually a blu-ray player, not blue ray player.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
bigboss:rabdoc:

Hi

Hi rabdoc! Sorry to correct you....but I think you should know. It's actually a blu-ray player, not blue ray player.

emotion-9.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts