Blu Ray to the internet!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can you please help me I am not an expert in these matters and unfortunately my understanding of the latest technical advances is limited. Anyway brought a Sony 360 blu ray player but it crashed half way through the set up with system error message and locked completely. Had it wired by cable to my BT Broadband Wireless Home Hub. Anyway no real problem because JL Partnership are collecting the faulty unit in the next couple of days. This purchase was my first foray into blu ray and before I buy another player I would like your advice. All I want is something simple and straightforward to enable me to watch blu ray films and download software/firmware etc. Some players have Wifi built in but these are twice the price of cabled machines, but are they simple and straightforward to use? Some mention is made in your forums regarding using wireless ethernet bridge/access point/network extender to provide wifi access but I'm afraid I find the technical details a bit complicated. Then somebody else mentions just use a dongle in the RJ45 socket? Also is it not possible to run the RJ45 cable from the blu ray player to my wifi laptop and bypass the Home Hub ( I have not tried this exercise!) Sorry to ramble on but any help on a simple and straightforward solution would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

How about a PS3 works a treat with BD and connects to the PC fine

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I have the s350 which is the machine before yous. Have always had mine connected when needed to the net via cable. I think I've done 4 firmware updates since I have had the machinewith no problems at all ,and also the same number on my brothers as he has no internet connection. Again no problem. Also used it for BD live and again no problem. My ISP is Virgin.

I think what I'm trying to say is that you may possibly have a rogue machine so perhaps consider the same machine again as your problem may have been a "one off". Don't think you can run from your laptop as this would entail setting up some sort of network which may be dodgy (I may be wrong on this if so someone will correct me).

Hope this helps a bit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts