Blu-ray release dates for 2015? 450 dead need a replacement..

the_goat

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi all.. My latest pioneer bdp-450 decided to give up after a month!

richer sounds have been good enough to offer me a switch to something new of same or relative price! They offered me a yamaha bd677 but it hasn't been stocked for a while but can order me one upon request! I like the big box style of player.. I am wondering if pioneer will replace the 450 this year and to hang on, or if anyone has experience with the yamaha, or if any other companies have releases any time soon? I'm not bothered about 4k or smart features, just want best picture quality for the price..

any help much appreciated Joe

1) Pioneer has sold its AV business to Onkyo, so upcoming "Pioneer" players will be made by Onkyo. Besides, your 450 died prematurely, and you still want another Pioneer? My Panasonic BD60 is still going strong since 2009 (I sold it last year, but it's still working and is used regularly).

2) Yamaha makes blu ray players for people owning Yamaha AV receivers, so they match aesthetically. It's never been serious about making them.

3) I would suggest Panasonic or Sony. They have a track record of regular firmware updates.

4) As long as a Blu-ray player isn't doing anything it shouldn't, then 1080p/24 content output over HDMI should be identical from one player to another.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'd say the same as BB - Panasonic or Sony, or push the boat out and go Oppo. Excellent players, and extremely reliable with some handy features not found on other players.

If you're looking to go the Ultra HD route next year, I'd wait for those players, and maybe pick up a cheap player to tide you over.

abacus

The 450 was a universal player, so it it could play DVD Audio & SACD, whereas most blu-ray players can't, so if you have any of these discs you will be looking at up market players from the likes of Cambridge, Denon, Marantz, Oppo, Pioneer etc.

If not then those that have been mentioned so far will be fine.

Hope this helps

Bill

MickyBlue

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
my pioneer BDP-LX70a is still going strong from 2007 and i currently have no plans to change it.

Cracking unit! Cracking sound & picture...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts