Blu-Ray Question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for a Blu-Ray player and I am trying to decide between Sony PS3 and Panasonic DMP-BD35.  Given I would use the Home Reciever for upscaling to 1080p, what is the difference between the two?  Which gives a better picture and sound?  Is there any real difference?

Also given I want to have a nice game station, does it make sense to get the Panasonic blu-ray player and an Xbox 360 or to get a Sony PS3?

EDIT:  Can I play normal DVDs on a Blu-ray player without any issues or do I need to buy a normal DVD player and Blu-ray player? 

Messiah

Personally I would get the PS3. (Especially if you want the gaming option too!) I would really struggle to tell the difference between the two and I have been very impressed with the performance and flexibility of the console.

It also plays DVD's.

A

Anonymous

Schlange:
I am looking for a Blu-Ray player and I am trying to decide between Sony PS3 and Panasonic DMP-BD35. ÿGiven I would use the Home Reciever for upscaling to 1080p, what is the difference between the two? ÿWhich gives a better picture and sound? ÿIs there any real difference?

ÿ

Also given I want to have a nice game station, does it make sense to get the Panasonic blu-ray player and an Xbox 360 or to get a Sony PS3?

ÿ

EDIT: ÿCan I play normal DVDs on a Blu-ray player without any issues or do I need to buy a normal DVD player and Blu-ray player?ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

If you want to game as well as watch BluRays, the PS3 is a better option.

BluRay players play normal DVD discs also - this is backward compatibility, but normal DVDs do not play BluRay discs, even at lower definitions, so no forwards compatibility. ÿ

Note thatÿRegionÿcodingÿsystems are different between BluRay and DVD, so you can have a BluRay player which is multi-region for DVDs but not BluRay discs.ÿ

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Schlange:Given I would use the Home Reciever for upscaling to 1080p, what is the difference between the two?

It's also very unlikely your home cinema receiver will upscale DVDs better than either the PS3 or the Pana BD35, whichever one you choose. I have the Onkyo 905 which has an excellent upscaling chip in it, but the PS3 beats it with DVD performance. Since the BD35 is regarded as having a slightly improved picture over the PS3, I'm pretty sure this will be true here as well.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts