Blu ray purchase

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening gents.
Dilema. Just bought a new Sony 46W4500( dispite all the problems posted mine is awesome).

But I am now in the market for a Blu ray player.

Obviously my eyes are drawn to the new Panasonic players.....but which of the two to buy. The BD35 or the BD55??

At the minute I have an old Sony receiver which only really has Sky HD plugged into via the single optical connection.

So i buy the BD35 but I am limited to it optical out(which Sky HD is already plugged into) so I am resigned to changina cable about everytime I want to use the Blu Ray.

Well why not but the BD55 so I can use the Coxial and connect both the Blu Ray and Sky HD at the same time.

One question is......is the BD55 worth the extra £100. or do I just buy the BD35 and put the other money to the new

Yamaha AX763 receiver and go HDMI via the switch on the amp???

Which then leads me to another question. Is it worth spending an extra £200 going to the next Yamaha AX863SC reciever to get 1080p upscaling rather than just 1080i of the lower model.

As you can tell its decision time.

Any help and advice is much apprieciated.

daveh75

i'd go for the bd55 and connect it to your receiver using the multi-channel analogue outs.that way you can take advantage of the hd audio codecs, which you wont be able to do using either optical or digital coax connection.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts