Question Blu-ray player with Apple TV or Airplay 2 built in?

petergabriel

Oct 30, 2019
www.petergabriel.dk
I know a lot of newer TV's have built in Apple TV+ and Airplay 2, but as I am on the lookout for a new blu-ray player, I was wondering if any exist with those credentials, so I wont have to buy an Apple TV as well.

D

Deleted member 196519

I know a lot of newer TV's have built in Apple TV+ and Airplay 2, but as I am on the lookout for a new blu-ray player, I was wondering if any exist with those credentials, so I wont have to buy an Apple TV as well.
The only Blu-ray player I can think of is games consoles with Blu-ray players built in eg PS5 disc one or Xbox Series X the older games consoles might do it too but not sure. Definitely the new ones I list.

abacus

No need to get an Apple TV box (Unless you want one of course) as pretty much every streaming device (Roku, Chromecast etc.) have the Apple TV app available, and they are much cheaper than an Apple TV box. (Don’t think any do Airplay though, but may be worth googling)

Bill

petergabriel

Oct 30, 2019
www.petergabriel.dk
No need to get an Apple TV box (Unless you want one of course) as pretty much every streaming device (Roku, Chromecast etc.) have the Apple TV app available, and they are much cheaper than an Apple TV box. (Don’t think any do Airplay though, but may be worth googling)

Bill
Ahh, didn't know that. I already have 2 regular Chromecast units, but not the one with Google TV. Can you cast like you normally would to the old Chromecast models, or is everything through the interface only?

Last edited:

abacus

Ahh, didn't know that. I already have 2 regular Chromecast units, but not the one with Google TV. Can you cast like you normally would to the old Chromecast models, or is everything through the interface only?

I am assuming you are using an iPad/iPhone which as yet does not allow direct cast to older Chromecasts (Only the latest with Google TV) however; you can mirror your iPad/iPhone to any Chromecast providing you have installed the Google Home App for Chromecast.

Bill

D

Deleted member 196519

Amazon Fire stick too. Special deal on QVC right now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts