Blu Ray or DVD Recorder purchase

dx052

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Is it worth me buying a Blu Ray recorder yet or should I get a cheapish DVD recorder till the prices settle down a bit on Blu Ray. I know the players are fairly cheap now but the recorders haven't yet quiet reduced, that said I would imagine that the build quality on the Blu Ray recorders are quiet high. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Just another thought. I am going to have a pretty good HD TV to get the most out of the player as well making this quiet costly?

matthewpiano

I don't see Blu-Ray really taking off as a recordable format. Recording to hard drive has become so entrenched in our lives thanks to Sky+ and recorders such as the Humax PVRs and Sony Hard Drive/DVD recorders. It is so much more convenient than recording to removable media.

Personally I'd be looking either at a PVR (read Humax) or something like the Sony RDR-DC100 Hard Drive/DVD recorder. Note, however, that the DC100 does not allow you to record TV directly to DVD. You have to recordto Hard Drive and then, should you wish to retain a recording on a disc, you can then transfer it.

TRENDING THREADS