Blu-Ray disc deal

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It had to happen..... We all know that the software for both HD disc formats is waaaaaay too expensive over here. Why is it that a disc that costs $19.99 (ie £10!) in the US will set us back almost £30 over here? And it's the SAME disc!! Anyway, gripes over.....

I'd always thought that they had to start discounting to jump start either/both/any format and it's started. Virgin... sorry Vizzi or whatever it's now called is now doing a buy two and get a third free deal on an admittedly odd selection of BD discs from Fox, Warners and Sony.

This includes the Spidey pix (incl the boxed set), The Pirates movies, Meet The Robinsons, Kingdom of Heaven DC and Deja Vu, but not Die Hard or Starship Troopers for example. Go figure.

Anyway, it's a start.....

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I remember when DVD's first became popular, I was paying £20 a disc then just before Christmas Our Price (which I think was bought out by Virgin) did 3 for 2 and I ended up spending a fortune.

I don't think I'll be doing that again, the jump from DVD to HD is not as big as the jump from VHS to DVD. I'll just be buying the one's I really want for now.

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I got suckered in again! HMV are doing a similar offer on Blu Rays and HD DVDs. I just bought Flags of our Fathers, Letters from Iwo Jima and Blood Diamond.

A

Anonymous

Amazon are doing some even cheaper. Also check out www.dvdworldusa.com when the 3:2 offers dry up (but be carefull as some BDs are now region A only)

TRENDING THREADS