Blu-Ray AV receiver?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Complete newcomer to all this, but need to get an AV Receiver, I think - currently have a Pana 42" plasma PZ700, a Virgin V+ and a very old Pana VCR (which I have decided to replace with a Pana EX98 DVD/HDD/VCR and gradually convert all poss VHS to DVD, and extract recordings from V+ to DVD)

I did have an Onkyo LSV501 with 2 speakers & sub, but it gave up.... it gave us CD, MP3, SACD, plus DVD player (and an AM/FM tuner, which was nice but unnecessary) also just one HDMI port. It also had an Onkyo ipod dock and Onkyo transmitter to stream from itunes attached to it)

What I therefore need is a multi region DVD/CD player + speakers, ability to add on a bluray player (but left totally cold by the youtube/picasa features of Pana BD60 bluray player :) ) ability to connect to a digital camcorder - both of the latter two when I have spare £ in the future, not now.

Is there such a thing as a blu-ray receiver?

I have a budget of £600-£800, not including the Pana VCR and I would like a decent picture, good video upscaling for SD DVDs, decent but not earthshattering audio (can't tell the difference) and the futureproofing described above.

Tell me I'm not asking too much (please!)

Thanks for any help

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
There are a few Blu-ray 'home cinema in a box' systems out there - most of the bigger brands have at least one, and more are on the way. Samsung just launched no fewer than three new systems in the States, and I think you can be confident that the likes of LG, Panasonic and Sony will have more this year.

A

Anonymous

Thank you, Andrew.

The trouble with waiting is total lack of DVD player, plus 2 small children missing Disney right now! I'd love to wait for the home-cinema-in-a-box but can't wait too long, as I have a hefty credit note with my local dealer, and I don't think they'll wait till the end of the year....do you have any idea whether launches will be this Spring or in time for the Xmas buying?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, there's this trio for a start, and I suspect the new models will be appearing over the next few months, as what used to be seen as the peak selling season kicks off as soon as summer holidays are over.

A

Anonymous

Thank you, I had been looking at them and considering Pana & Samsung systems.

Do you know if either copes with multiregion DVDs and Blu-ray? (Or is updateable or hackable)

I can't find any info on this on the internet.

A

Anonymous

Quick bump...

I now realise that there are no multiregion BD in all-in-one, but is the DVD function on either of these multiregion or capable of being so?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts