Bloomin websites...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Why cant websites say whether they have something in stock or not ? They all advertise having something then you pay for it and then you find out its not in stock....I've almost given up trying to get myself an AV amp : (

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for your post. Your post is important to us. Unfortunately, all of our posters are busy right now and your post has been placed in a queue. You are currently number .... 2,230 ... in the queue. If you would like us to call you back within .... 3 years.... please press 1 now. If you would like to hold for the next available poster, please stay on the board. Your estimated wait time is approximately ..... 2 ...and....a half.... years.

[music]

Thank you for your post. Your post is important to us. Unfortunately, all of our posters are busy right now and your post has been placed in a queue. You are currently number .... 5,651 ... in the queue. If you would like us to call you back within .... 7 years.... please press 1 now. If you would like to hold for the next available poster, please stay on the board. Your estimated wait time is approximately ..... 5 ...and....a ... quarter.... years.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If I want something quick, I usually phone first to ensure it's in stock before ordering. If I've found they lied on the phone, then I cancel the order and never order anything from them again!

Putting up to the minute stock details on a website is actually incredibly complex and needs a lot of money spent to get it so it works. Companies like Amazon can do this, but not your average Hi-Fi shop.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Happened to me last month - the website even said in large bold text "IN STOCK". Confirmation email arrived moments after ordering saying product (AV amp) would be delviered next day. Waited... waited... waited... rang them up - oh, sorry, problem with the suppliers, should have had them in yesterday but they didn't arrive, should be in within the next couple of days... nearly two weeks later gave up, cancelled order, and went down to the local RS store... sorted!

Only problem with shops is the temptation of buying shiny new speakers which I don't really need.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I had that with Peter Tyson, the phoned and said they were out of stock but due in on the following Wednesday. It arrived the following Tuesday (a day before it was due with them!), and then they called me on Thursday to apologise again and said they were dispatching it to me, not realising they had already sent me one.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
forbes:

Why cant websites say whether they have something in stock or not ? They all advertise having something then you pay for it and then you find out its not in stock....I've almost given up trying to get myself an AV amp : ( It is a difficult and expensive thing to have a live stock feed but a call first is normally all it takes. If you can't get someone on the phone that should send warning bells ringing anyway. I certianly wouldn't expect the site to take your money unless they have stock, once again alarm bells ringing.

There are certain amps that are very hard to get hold of now - the Yamaha DSP863 for one. What is it you are looking for?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre:I certianly wouldn't expect the site to take your money unless they have stock, once again alarm bells ringing.

Indeed - another one of my bugbears and the thing most likely to make me cancel my order is money being taken from my bank and then being told they can't dispatch the item until stock comes in. Annoys me a lot!

A

Anonymous

TheHomeCinemaCentre:forbes:

Why cant websites say whether they have something in stock or not ? They all advertise having something then you pay for it and then you find out its not in stock....I've almost given up trying to get myself an AV amp : ( It is a difficult and expensive thing to have a live stock feed but a call first is normally all it takes. If you can't get someone on the phone that should send warning bells ringing anyway. I certianly wouldn't expect the site to take your money unless they have stock, once again alarm bells ringing.

There are certain amps that are very hard to get hold of now - the Yamaha DSP863 for one. What is it you are looking for?

A Yamaha DSPAX-763 or Sony STRA2400ES...RS offered me the Onkyo 606 for £300 but I said nah..

Thats another thing....I'm not paying £20 more just to have it in black..!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
forbes:TheHomeCinemaCentre:forbes:

A Yamaha DSPAX-763 or Sony STRA2400ES...RS offered me the Onkyo 606 for £300 but I said nah..

Thats another thing....I'm not paying £20 more just to have it in black..!

You shouldnt have to wait too long for a 763 and RS have a good price going on that at the moment. I would have taken the 606 at that price.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
forbes: Thats another thing....I'm not paying £20 more just to have it in black..!

Supply an' demand, innit?

Yes and I demand it in Black at no extra cost !!

TRENDING THREADS