Blocking people

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there some way I can block all the forum posts from certain people? Specifically, jjbomber...I really don't want to see his posts on this forum any longer, and I know some forum software allows members to block the view of posts from other members, hence why I ask. I realise I'm a fully grown adult and I have the option to ignore, but I really don't want to see anything posted by someone who freely voices opinion on a public forum that nurses are lazy overpaid parasites. It's so fundamentally at odds with the very fibre of my beliefs because of everything I've lived through that I'd rather his posts were just simply blocked from my view of the forum, if it is at all possible, because when I see his posts in the future it will just irritate me that he still breathes.

I'm trying to ask in a very polite and rational way when in actual fact I'm so mad that if he came knocking on my door right now it's very likely I'd deck him. And I'm not even lying.

Thanks, and sorry for the difficult request, which I accept may not be possible.

D

Deleted member 2457

MajorFubar said:
Is there some way I can block all the forum posts from certain people? Specifically, jjbomber...I really don't want to see his posts on this forum any longer, and I know some forum software allows members to block the view of posts from other members, hence why I ask. I realise I'm a fully grown adult and I have the option to ignore, but I really don't want to see anything posted by someone who freely voices opinion on a public forum that nurses are lazy overpaid parasites. It's so fundamentally at odds with the very fibre of my beliefs because of everything I've lived through that I'd rather his posts were just simply blocked from my view of the forum, if it is at all possible, because when I see his posts in the future it will just irritate me that he still breathes.

I'm trying to ask in a very polite and rational way when in actual fact I'm so mad that if he came knocking on my door right now it's very likely I'd deck him. And I'm not even lying.

Thanks, and sorry for the difficult request, which I accept may not be possible.
It isn't possible.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Major, it takes all sorts
thumbs_up.gif

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks both I appreciate your contribution but I was hoping someone like mods/site-admin might be able to give a definite answer; it is possible in many other forums.

It probably isn't possible here because the forum software is so fundamentally rubbish, but it had to be worth asking the question.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Thanks both I appreciate your contribution but I was hoping someone like mods/site-admin might be able to give a definite answer; it is possible in many other forums.

It probably isn't possible here because the forum software is so fundamentally rubbish, but it had to be worth asking the question.

Of the few forums I've frequented, this is the only one that doesn't seem to have that facility. Odd really, given all the cable threads *biggrin* Just let it pass. Easy to get worked up over certain things. I've been there
wink_smile.gif

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Of the few forums I've frequented, this is the only one that doesn't seem to have that facility. Odd really, given all the cable threads *biggrin* Just let it pass. Easy to get worked up over certain things. I've been there

I know bud, you are right. But there are people on here I disagree with over hifi, there are people on here whose political or ethical views are polar opposites to mine, even you and I have had our past spats, none of that matters, I'd still buy you a beer lol. Then there are people who have provoked such a strong feeling of hatred because they've said something I've found personally and fundametally insulting that I really don't want to see any proof they exist anymore. Petty I know, but that's the way it is. Hence I asked.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Freddy58 said:
even you and I have had our past spats, none of that matters, I'd still buy you a beer lol.

That's why I added the wink in my previous reply. I regret my outburst that time, and I wish I hadn't got so wound up about it, sorry about that. Mine's a Guinness *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts