Black Country Communion

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone familiar with their stuff, and if so, can they describe their sound?

The reason I ask, is it looks like a very interesting mix of talent (inception, production and playing):

Produced/Mixed...Kevin Shirley (Led Zep/Aerosmith/Black Crowes)

Mastered............Bob Ludwig

Vocals/Bass........Glen Hughs (Deep Purple/Black Sabbath)

Keyboard...........Derek Sherinian (Dream Theartre)

Drums................Jason Bonham (son of John - Led Zep)

Guitar.................Joe Bonamassa

I may be late to the party here, but I have come across this group by accident and wanted to know what they sound like and if they live up to the way they look on paper.

I see the main albums are: BCC; BCC 2 and Aftergow as well as a Live Over Europe 2CD.....any comments on how the albums compare, or if the Live Album is one of the greats, or a let down.

Cheers in advance

Cno

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I had the first album on vinyl. I thought it was OK, nothing special IMO. On paper it looks great if you like that whole 70's Deep Purple vibe but I don't think the songs were strong enough. They promised a lot more than they delivered. Now what the other albums are like I couldn't tell you as I never felt the need to investigate further.

There's a few BCC fans on here I believe (eg Toyota Man) who will be able to tell you more.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
DIB said:
I had the first album on vinyl. I thought it was OK, nothing special IMO. On paper it looks great if you like that whole 70's Deep Purple vibe but I don't think the songs were strong enough. They promised a lot more than they delivered. Now what the other albums are like I couldn't tell you as I never felt the need to investigate further.

There's a few BCC fans on here I believe (eg Toyota Man) who will be able to tell you more.

Thx, I thought you'd have tried them and hoped you'd chip in.....along with any other likely suspects (eg. LA, TM, RS and all ).

I love JB and Led Zep, and like D.Purple, so was hoping for great things.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
DIB said:

Thx, I thought you'd have tried them and hoped you'd chip in.....along with any other likely suspects (eg. LA, TM, RS and all ).

I love JB and Led Zep, and like D.Purple, so was hoping for great things.

As do I, but give me a JB, LZ, or DP album over BCC anytime.

All on Spotify I believe so you can test the (smoke over) the water perhaps.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Cno the latest BBC album Afterglow is well worth a punt as it has a bonus DVD showing the making of I think the idea is a return to the good old days there 1st and 2nd albums have some great tracks If you can find a copy of the free classic rock cd by Joe Bonamassa

called no hits no hype just the best theres a couple of BBC tracks on it IMHO they have become a fine rock/blues band

Jason Bonham is a realy great drummer and is starting to right some realy great songs with some help from Glenn Hughes

A track you should listen to is Stand (At the burning tree) I am going to ( listen) flick through the albums but I can't find BBC2 I will refresh my some what dodgy mermory I have just put on BBC and well its sounding good already one last soul realy moving some air :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: Treat yourself any of there albums you can't go wrong I think they are more than there sum of parts if you know what I mean

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
toyota man said:
Treat yourself any of there albums you can't go wrong I think they are more than there sum of parts if you know what I mean

Cheers TM.

If you were only to get one album, which would it be?.......do you know what the live album is like (content and recording quality)?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
toyota man said:
Treat yourself any of there albums you can't go wrong I think they are more than there sum of parts if you know what I mean

Cheers TM.

If you were only to get one album, which would it be?.......do you know what the live album is like (content and recording quality)?
Hi Cno I Havent heard the live recording I think my son has got it I will ask him when I see him . TBH I am Listening to BBC 1 at the moment and it realy rocks the recording is very good as is Afterglow which you can get in hmv 2 for £15 I don't Know what that is in your money or if you have a local hmv I have also seen BBC in the 2 for £10 in hmv . I will come off the fence and say go for the 1st album :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
toyota man said:
CnoEvil said:
toyota man said:

Cheers TM.

Hi Cno I Havent heard the live recording I think my son has got it I will ask him when I see him . TBH I am Listening to BBC 1 at the moment and it realy rocks the recording is very good as is Afterglow which you can get in hmv 2 for £15 I don't Know what that is in your money or if you have a local hmv I have also seen BBC in the 2 for £10 in hmv . I will come off the fence and say go for the 1st album :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

The fence is a more comfortable place to be. :shifty:

If you get a listen to your son's copy, can you let me know how it stands up to the studio albums.

:cheers:

Con

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hello again I hope to see my boy this week I will text him to make sure he brings said cd with him I am listening to Afterglow and the track afterglow has a very Zepplin type vibe to it Afterglow is a bit more fluid than the earler stuff If you are a J Bonamassa fan I think that BBC Brings out the :rockout: Rock:rockout: in him

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Cno I just remebered I have BB2 on my itunes a quick listen even on my laptop and it sounds great the battle for hadrians wall is another led zep sounding track An ordinary son is another good track if you like the old school style of rock blues then BBC is as good a group as any to bring it all back to life Another group to listen to are from your part of the world

They are the Answer. Revival is there latest album 412 days of rock and roll they did a world tour with AcDc . Rise is another good album and Everyday Demonds we whent to one of there gigs and they were fantastic they even stopped and had a chat and a pint or 5

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
toyota man said:
Hi Cno I just remebered I have BB2 on my itunes a quick listen even on my laptop and it sounds great the battle for hadrians wall is another led zep sounding track An ordinary son is another good track if you like the old school style of rock blues then BBC is as good a group as any to bring it all back to life Another group to listen to are from your part of the world

They are the Answer. Revival is there latest album 412 days of rock and roll they did a world tour with AcDc . Rise is another good album and Everyday Demonds we whent to one of there gigs and they were fantastic they even stopped and had a chat and a pint or 5

Thx for the info.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts