admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:? thinking of buying another pair of atlas hyper 2.0 cables for biwiring my monitor audion rx1 speakers, or maybe a different pair of cables ? is it worth it, will it make much difference ? any ideas ? (marantz pm 6004 cd/amp)

A

Anonymous

bi-wiring will make no difference..save your money! change the links on your speakers with some small runs of your existing cable.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
In the MA manual for my GX speakers it highly recommends biwiring - not sure if it's the same for the RX

I changed from a single run to Bi Amp the gx100 from my Pioneer Lx83 - the difference has been staggering - not the same as your situation but it's a positive view on the subject .

You will get a lot of people say its not worth it - you need to try - definitely don't use the metal links provided - filthy things better off providing nothing from new than them

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
My advice is as follows:

- Spending the money on better cable usually brings more benefit.

- Replacing the cheap links with the same s/c as you're using is a good idea.

- Bi-wiring mustn't be confused with Bi-amping, which is usually much more beneficial.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Yea Im a bit tired of the bi-issue but .... and sorry to hijack (briefly) your thread but I have tried biamping my Mezzo 8's without effect - has anyone biamped or biwired the MS Mezzo's with positive effect or replaced the links?

Cheers

O! and if so what cables would one use please?

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
- Bi-wiring mustn't be confused with Bi-amping, which is usually much more beneficial.

+1. When are people going to listen to the masses on here. Biwiring is a complete waste of loot. Forget it!!!.

For what you spend on biwire, you can get a stonkingly good single cable that will give the same if not more to your system.

Cno's right tho. Change the links for good cable jumpers. preferably the same as the long runs.

As for Bi-amping, :cheers: .

A

Anonymous

Biamping doesn't achieve anything much either, unless you have an active xover and can bypass the passive xovers in the speakers.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Richard Allen said:
+1. When are people going to listen to the masses on here. Biwiring is a complete waste of loot. Forget it!!!.

For what you spend on biwire, you can get a stonkingly good single cable that will give the same if not more to your system.

Cno's right tho. Change the links for good cable jumpers. preferably the same as the long runs.

There's only one thing better than Bi-amping.........and that's Tri-amping! >)

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil said:
Richard Allen said:

There's only one thing better than Bi-amping.........and that's Tri-amping! >)

Hmm, was that a Freudian slip I just saw? :shhh:

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
nawty said:
Biamping doesn't achieve anything much either, unless you have an active xover and can bypass the passive xovers in the speakers.

There is loads of science online that supports your comments - fools biamping it's often known as - I was a fool to not do it for so long that's what I will say to that - the difference was more than significant

I also dropped down speaker cable quality for the 2 runs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts