Biwire to singlewire speakers?

A

Anonymous

As the_lhc says its simply two pieces of XT stuck together so can be split to use as on 2 speakers. The real problem here lies in splitting that cable without cutting through into the conductors. It does vary from batch to batch but we have had some that is very difficult to cut even down short lengths for termination purposes so if you have a long length my advice is to use a very sharp blade and take your time (and dont cut off your fingers!)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Chokobolt:
Hello ;)

Can I use the QED Silver Anniversary XT Bi-wire cable (I have only one) on a pair of Dali Lektor's 1, singlewired speakers?

Just use the inner 2 parts of the cable and put some electricians tape on the ends of the other 2 strands of cable and you're sorted
emotion-1.gif

Or as above; cut the cable down the middle with a new stanly knife blade ensuring that you dont cut into the cables casing etc...

I'm sure that you could manage to get 2 banana plugs on to the end of the cables though; people do that when they want to biwire speakers but from one set of terminals on the amp. Just cut the cables clean so that you've got a nice length of the bare wire; twist into a tight a strand as you can and then insert that into the banana plugs and screw the screw down tightly.

TRENDING THREADS