Bit surprised by Qobuz

Barnaby

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Apple music for a while now. I've always been frustrated by Apple's handling of classical music and so I also used Primephonic before Apple bought it and I've been eagerly awaiting the rumoured appearance of Apple Classical due out ( we hope ) this year. I am an Apple fanboy and I really like the lossless - at - the - same - price approach they've taken and I had faith they would do classical right once they put their minds to it.

Anyway, impatient with waiting, I decided to try Qobuz. I've found it better - sounding than Apple and their music handling of my kind of music suits me better too. I had read the review on here and noticed it mysteriously only got a grudging nod and an average rating. I don't get it.

As I said I'm an Apple fan but even I have to say Qobuz is better. It's even better through Amarra which, though buggy as they come, sounds great.

I’m not, as I’ve been using Qobuz for four or five years. This magazine unaccountably favour Tidal, mainly for the catalogue, whereas Hifi Choice have just given Qobuz their top award, not for the first time. Enjoy!

I like Apple hardware but I don’t trust them with music!

Andrew17321

Nov 12, 2008
Visit site
I’m not, as I’ve been using Qobuz for four or five years. This magazine unaccountably favour Tidal, mainly for the catalogue, whereas Hifi Choice have just given Qobuz their top award, not for the first time. Enjoy!

I like Apple hardware but I don’t trust them with music!

I too have been using Qobuz HD music for about 5 years and I completely agree with 'nopiano'. I listen to Quobuz on Devialet Phantoms, which What HiFi also rubbished - they only tested one in mono and not a stereo pair! Usually What HiFi's opinions are sound but they seem to have some odd prejudices.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts