Bit of a quandry

Wotski

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi folks,

I've recently been fortunate enough to get a cracking deal on a PSB Imagine surround system and am now left with £1,000 - £1,500 to splash on a new receiver. I'm aware that PSB's are often recommended to partner with NAD amps (partly as its a sister company), but they're not a personal favourite so I'm more interested in either Yamaha RXA2030, Pioneer SC-LX77 or even a reduced Marantz SR7008.

My room is 7m x 4m with wood floors and I will use the system for 70% tv and movies, 30% music.

Anyone any advise on a good pairing for the PSBs, either from the above listed or an alternative? I will of course demo in due course.

Thanks,

W :)

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Sorry can't help, I'm not familiar with any PSB products. I hope that somebody knowledgeable replies soon.

On the plus side, I see that we have something in common - I also have the Yamaha RX-V1067 receiver! It is probably my single favourite A/V component, and it is now in my bedroom. :)

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

ill be be having the Psb imagine t2s on loan to me in the next couple of weeks, I'll let you know how they sound with my denon if you like.

Wotski

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies; I spent this morning sampling PSB Imagine T2s hooked up to both the Pioneer SC LX87 and the Yamaha RXA3030. Having spent the last few years with a Yamaha I was pleased to see the "family sound" present. In particular the Yamaha was excellent with music, making the most of it's warm character to bring good balance to some Fleetwood Mac (Rumours).

The pioneer on the other hand excelled during a test screening of the blu ray of Hancock; it was super dynamic and generated great sound effects steeting. Definitely had the ability to make me look over my shoulder as a gun went off during a shootout in the film.

Yet to hear anything on a marantz amp, but recall they are praised for musicality.

Surprised more people haven't sampled PSB, the balance is excellent and they have a huge but well coordinated soundfield (no I'm not on commission!).

Anyone got a Marantz SR7008 and an opinion?

Wotski

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi Son of SJ,

Have to agree with you; the RX V1067 has been a fantastic pice of kit over the last few years; I've been genuinely surprised at how well it has fared against more expensive and more recent competition. Makes the current choice even harder!

Cheers,

W

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts