Bi wiring

davidpr

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried bi wiring a few years ago when a lot of discussion was taking place on this foram I thought the result was poor. Two years ago I bought an Onkyo A9030 amp, which has two sets of speaker connectors, but because I was disappoinred with my bi wiring experience before I never bi wired my system.

Then last week I thought why not try bi wiring again, as you do. So I bought some cheap 14 awg copper cable and wired up seperate runs to each terminal, set the amp output to A+B and was very pleased with the sound that came out of of the speakers.

I am not saying bi wiring is better than not bi wiring but for my system it has produced a different sound to what I had before and I like what I hear.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I presume u mean biamp since u use A+B..Jumpers removed hopefully..My similar experiments a few years back were not of benefit but biamping has its fan base and some science behind it. Biwiring is more of a dark art I feel.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Bi wire - waste of time tried it and never heard a difference

Bi amp - yes makes sense but dont expect too much or youll be dissapointed

davidpr

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
What differences did you hear?

Thank you for a decent question.

Compared to my previous set up, with no other changes, I can hear more detail on any format that I play back - LP, CD or from the phone. It is much less tiring when listening for a longer period, for me a couple of hours. It sounds more 'focussed' to my hearing and again I am not saying 'better' or that everyone will have the same result. For me it works.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same experience with this type of bi-wiring and will always wire my speakers using both A+B speaker terminals.

Some of the replies though are amusing.

You share an experience David and they're telling you it's a waste of time.

Some of these people, I swear.

Laurens_B

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
I have the same experience with this type of bi-wiring and will always wire my speakers using both A+B speaker terminals.

Well, people saying that it's a waste of time... that is their experience, so they just share their experience just as you and others share yours. Forum is for discussion so it is no problem that people disagree. However I do agree that most arguments have been made on the forum so we don't need 20 pages on this subject again.

davidpr

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Laurens_B said:
Thompsonuxb said:

Well, people saying that it's a waste of time... that is their experience, so they just share their experience just as you and others share yours. Forum is for discussion so it is no problem that people disagree. However I do agree that most arguments have been made on the forum so we don't need 20 pages on this subject again.

And you are who to say when a thread has run its course?

Laurens_B

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
davidpr said:
Laurens_B said:
Thompsonuxb said:

Someone who is allowed to state his opinion, free forum after all. If you don't like that, please move to North Korea, might fit you better.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Laurens_B said:
davidpr said:
Laurens_B said:
Thompsonuxb said:

Someone who is allowed to state his opinion, free forum after all. If you don't like that, please move to North Korea, might fit you better.

Wow...... You see what I mean?

TRENDING THREADS