bi wire question - B&W 685

mushroomgod

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

Im in the process of upgrading/selling all my old kit and replacing with new.

My master plan to to buy a CA 640 (or similar) and some B&W 685 (or similar)... My old speakers are Tanoy M1s and they are connected to a Sony Amp, these only have the single speaker termanal, unlike the B&W 685 which has two termanals.

Can somone explain what Ill need to wire some B&W 685 - Im not sure if I need two lots of cables or what!?

cheers

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't bother with biwiring. Double run of cable, double cost, minimal benefit if any.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I think its really dependent on the speakers and how you go about it. My old mission 780 speakers MAJORLY changed when I biwired (Using cheap cable too). Ive never tested any since then, I just biwire anyways so cant comment on my MA silvers. My mate said his 'gales' had no difference whatsoever mind

If you DO go for it then id suggest keeping the 2 wires seperate in that at the amp end use A and B speaker terminals to power the treble and bass

OR

Use a banana and a spade to keep them seperate

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
No, dont bother messing around with biwire. Biamping works a treat. Biwires a load of voodoo nonsense. So just buy a single run of decent cable and enjoy. Great speakers!

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
"Gets snacks and a drink, pulls up a chair...."

Oh i forgot!
Sorry What i meant to say was that biwire could be amazing and you should try it and you may or may not get an improvement in sound quality that may or may not justify the financial outlay! Like homeopathy for hifi! :)

Peace out.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Tarquinh:I wouldn't bother with biwiring. Double run of cable, double cost, minimal benefit if any.

What you have to bear in mind is that Tarquin is the biggest cable sceptic in the world.

However, in this case I wouldn't suggest biwiring, good for top level kit where minor gains mean lots.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
Tarquinh:I wouldn't bother with biwiring. Double run of cable, double cost, minimal benefit if any.

What you have to bear in mind is that Tarquin is the biggest cable sceptic in the world.

However, in this case I wouldn't suggest biwiring, good for top level kit where minor gains mean lots.

Beyond scepticism there is knowledge
emotion-1.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Tarquinh:JoelSim:

emotion-1.gif

Beyond knowledge are those that try things for themselves
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:Tarquinh:JoelSim:

emotion-1.gif

Beyond knowledge are those that try things for themselves
emotion-21.gif

Rick, I believe that if you jump off a cliff you float. Are you going to try that?

Also, don't jump to conclusions about whether people have tried things or not.

P.S. Don't try jumping off a cliff, it can be dangerous unless you really, truly have absolute faith - and a parachute!

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:
I think its really dependent on the speakers and how you go about it. My old mission 780 speakers MAJORLY changed when I biwired (Using cheap cable too).

If you had used decent cable you wouldn't have heard a difference. Think about it.

A

Anonymous

chebby:Puts snacks and drink back and continues watching Dr Alice Roberts on TV...

Concur with chebby here, Dr Alice is far more interesting
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts