Bi-Wire help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Guys I have some speakers without binding posts but my amp can't Bi-wire. As the speakers are Tannoy E11's and no longer available i was wondering if there was any way i could get them working single-wired? Is there something i can use instead? Can i just use a substitute metal contact? Thanks

A

Anonymous

Not entirely sure I understand your predicament. Do you mean that you've lost the little pressed metal things that bridge the woofer and the tweeter? If so, you can just bridge them using a short bit of speaker cable. But all amps can be used to biwire. You just run 2 cables off each binding post at the amp end and connect them up appropriately (have a search for other biwire threads, as this has been covered before, and much better than I can explain it).

A

Anonymous

[quote user="tractorboy"]Not entirely sure I understand your predicament. Do you mean that you've lost the little pressed metal things that bridge the woofer and the tweeter? If so, you can just bridge them using a short bit of speaker cable. But all amps can be used to biwire. You just run 2 cables off each binding post at the amp end and connect them up appropriately (have a search for other biwire threads, as this has been covered before, and much better than I can explain it).[/quote]

Cheers for your response. Yes i mean the metal than joins the tweeter and woofer. I will try running 2 cables from each post. Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts