Beware of Fake Beats Mixr Headphone

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

I recently bought a new model of Beats Mixr heaphone. I compared to my friend's headphone which he bought earlier this year (2012).

We noticed that two headphones are in big difference. We went to authorized distributor and compare with their sample, Finally and unfortunately my headphone is a big Fake.

I share the information here and hope it will be helpfull to everyone.

da4e4069_1.jpeg

8a1a0b99_2.jpeg

64f79282_3.jpeg

b657ea37_4.jpeg

4c1a29e3_5.jpeg

92b949ce_6.jpeg

05af6668_7.jpeg

5f719df4_8.jpeg

96c6e5a1_9.jpeg

5f989bea_10.jpeg

437773ea_11.jpeg

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Surely you are quids in.

Unless you are really in the know they look like beats which is all people buy them for, sound quality is not a factor. So you have something which looks like the real thing for a fraction of the price........result.

A

Anonymous

Yes, i like Beats Mixr, but personally i am very fed up with spending few hundred bucks for a fake phone. There are definitely next one will be cheated. i spread this new everywhere.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Beats is a bad sounding headphone, so the difference between real and fake is like the difference between bad and worse. And spreading that around is not helping people to get better sound. You should try this on a fashion forum, not a hi-fi forum.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
soundtech said:
Yes, i like Beats Mixr, but personally i am very fed up with spending few hundred bucks for a fake phone. There are definitely next one will be cheated. i spread this new everywhere.
So buy from an authorised dealer then you won't have a problem.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
dalethorn said:
Beats is a bad sounding headphone, so the difference between real and fake is like the difference between bad and worse. And spreading that around is not helping people to get better sound. You should try this on a fashion forum, not a hi-fi forum.
Woww there Dale, I totally agree but people are entitled to their opinion. Some people just seem to like them, according to their review WHF certainly don't seem to think they're that bad (3/4 stars is nowhere near what I would give them).

You know it's funny that the guy complains of their fakeness and only point out areas where they look different to Beats and doesn't mention anything about sound so clearly he only bought them for the fasion accessory that they are. Ha I wonder if they improved the sound by putting some random driver in there, let's face it they couldn't possibly be much worse. Ow now look what you've done you've dragged me in to the beats bashing.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
quadpatch said:
Woww there Dale, I totally agree but people are entitled to their opinion. Some people just seem to like them, according to their review WHF certainly don't seem to think they're that bad (3/4 stars is nowhere near what I would give them). You know it's funny that the guy complains of their fakeness and only point out areas where they look different to Beats and doesn't mention anything about sound so clearly he only bought them for the fasion accessory that they are. Ha I wonder if they improved the sound by putting some random driver in there, let's face it they couldn't possibly be much worse. Ow now look what you've done you've dragged me in to the beats bashing.

If you see where this person, and many other persons, have been spamming headphone sites (for example hifiheadphones uk), then you see it's not beats bashing. You might not remember the days when this same technique was used to promote Howard Stern the radio guy. It was fascinating to watch the process. Now it's beats, and BTW, while you believe in choice, they don't.

A

Anonymous

I bought it from ioffer wibsite. they are many Beats Headphones.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
soundtech said:
I bought it from ioffer wibsite. they are many Beats Headphones.
:roll: And you are surprised you brought fakes :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A

Anonymous

Hi soundtech, I recent bought the same headphones from a official dealer, but I required to ship them by another people.

I'm suspecting maybe somebody changed it by a replica and only left the original box.

As you should to know, there are replicas and fake beats, the replicas are almost identical than original.

Do you know another tip to identify it? I have the black mixr.

I noticed some differences comparing with images of oficial site (www.beatsbydre.com):

1. Plug of one cable is in "L" shape instead of straight.

2. Plug of one cable (I think for use in phone) has three lines instead of two.

3. Has embroidered letters on the case a little poor design (Monster).

4. On the left side of the headphone has the "Beatsbydre" engraved on metal.

5. On the right side of the headphone has the "Monster" engraved on metal.

6. The serial number is only displayed in the box.

TRENDING THREADS