better the devil you know

avnut

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Have been waiting since before xmas to replace my panasonic th50pz80 that i gave my dad, I was hoping to get new g10 or v10 panny but at well over £1400 was resigned to having to wait months. I was in tesco yesterday and they had the above mentioned pz80 on at £899 after further investigation with the stores techhead he informs me that they no longer want to stock 50in screens as they dont sell that many and take up far too much room hence the price to shift the last 3.So as i knew this was a fantastic screen shot home got the cash and bought one.Now as i was intending to spend another £500 or so now i can upgrade my amp currently denon1909 as i dont think it does the rest of my stuff justice. I dont have much experience with higher end gear so your advice would be welcome I figure £1000 budget.

panasonic th50pz80(again),panasonic bd35, b&w685 fronts,m1 surrounds, htm62 centre, pv1 sub

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
a bit confusing, are you just looking for advice on an amp in the £500-1000 range?

I'd be inclined to wait 3-4 months, and give a bit of time for the 2009 models to trickle through and then make a purchase. Agree that the 1909 is good but not great, but I've since bought a copperline Alpha mains lead (paired with a tacima block) and it's really opened the sound up. Much more weight and detail.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Would you consider another Denon? I swapped my 1906 for a 2807 a while back and there was a huge improvement. Once you get to 28xx you start to pick up some of the features / build quality of the top end models. If you go for the 2809, I doubt you'll be disappointed.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts