Best wireless all-in-one home cinema system?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

Despite the obvious shortcomings of an all-in-one system, I am looking for a 5.1 wireless home cinema in a box for my Sony 40X3500. I will be using a PS3 as source player, at least initially. My primary concern is to avoid running cables across the room (6.6 X 13.1 ft). Power source and speaker cables for the rear speakers can be placed out of sight behind a sofa, so this is not a problem. So far, I've looked at Sony models such as the DAV-DZ860W, and the less bulky DAV-IS100. Also, the newly arrived DAV-IT1000 has caught my attention. I have auditioned only the first of the three and it sounded merely adequate.

I will be using the system for movies primarily but occasionally, I'd like to listen to music as well. My budget is about £1500. Any suggestions from all you audiophiles out there?

Thank you.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You have so many options with your budget, it's crazy. The KEF Wireless system comes in at £400 I think (at least it did a few months ago) and this allows you to wirelessly connect any rear speakers. This leaves you £1,100 for an amp and speaker system. If you can fit standard speakers in your living room, the Tannoy Mercury F1 package beckons, and potentially the B&W 685 Home Theatre package, if you can get a good deal.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

Because of the size of the room (not really a living room, more of a TV/PC/study room), I would prefer not to use standard speakers, certainly not large ones. Any suggestions for an all-in-one system?

Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts