best way to get flac or is apple ripping fine

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks for you time gerrard, i see have a dac-magic 2 questions do you use usb or optical for you stored music and have you got the dac-magic upgraded im really considering the level 2 upgrade for £200. i think im going to stick with itunes for now and try an optical into the dac first just to see if that makes any differance.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
smuggs said:
thanks for you time gerrard, i see have a dac-magic 2 questions do you use usb or optical for you stored music and have you got the dac-magic upgraded im really considering the level 2 upgrade for £200. i think im going to stick with itunes for now and try an optical into the dac first just to see if that makes any differance.

No problem. Don't take this the wrong way but the DacMagic is a nice balance for your system and spending another £200 would be a bit overkill. I use optical. Download XBMC version 10 Dharma. It's free and Ican give you exact settings. It takes 5 mins to set up and I'm positive you will hear a difference over iTunes.

Messiah

Some useful tips from the Benchmark Wiki Page.

Personally I would try to get the best out of iTunes, would save the job or re-ripping but saying that I believe you can just convert Apple Lossless into FLAC.

The only other thing I would consider would be if FLAC is going to be better. I'm sure the Prof had mentioned that Aple Lossless and FLAC are basically the same thing...

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
is there anyway that spotify can pick up lossless tracks i have a few cds that are not on spotify and i like idea of just getting all the music from spotify this is for the mrs. i can get 320acc to come through spotify l

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
smuggs said:
xbmc is classy looking just set up my weather report. so do rip in xbmc or just playback

I would just use it for playback. In settings and then system, you can change the audio output. Set it to wasapi out. Turn the volume up to the max and then you are ready. You should be able to play Apple lossless files too.

TRENDING THREADS