best way to connect

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all, what is the best way to connect a laptop to a amp ? for listening to music from the laptop ( windows media player). i use 3.5mm to phono at the present time, but as i have just bought a rack it wont reach anymore so just thought i would ask you lot before i purchase another 3.5mm to phono thanks in advance people

idc

The best way would be a digital cable such as a USB to a DAC then phonos to the amp. But I have no experience of but accept that there are some very good soundcards for audio outhere, so if you are happy with your soundcards performance as a DAC then keep your connection as you have it now. The make of cable does not matter.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
mission mark:
hi all, what is the best way to connect a laptop to a amp ? for listening to music from the laptop ( windows media player). i use 3.5mm to phono at the present time, but as i have just bought a rack it wont reach anymore so just thought i would ask you lot before i purchase another 3.5mm to phono thanks in advance people

What is your amp and speakers? If you have a decent set up, I would say buy a USB DAC and connect the laptop to that and the DAC to the amp with phono cables.

TRENDING THREADS