Best way to connect tv box with an amp?

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I just bought a Onkyo a 9010 (UK) and I've connected it to my Horizon box to watch movies and listen to music but I'm quite disappointed about the sound which I think it's not punchy at all. I've connected the amp to the box with standard RCA cables as the amp doesn't have any digital inputs. Any suggestions on how to improve the performance of the amp for a better sound? Do I need to add a DAC? Any advise will be really appreciated.

raoulx

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Davide Sgobba said:
Hi all,

I just bought a Onkyo a 9010 (UK) and I've connected it to my Horizon box to watch movies and listen to music but I'm quite disappointed about the sound which I think it's not punchy at all. I've connected the amp to the box with standard RCA cables as the amp doesn't have any digital inputs. Any suggestions on how to improve the performance of the amp for a better sound? Do I need to add a DAC? Any advise will be really appreciated.

With it only having analogue imports a lot of the audio based signals might be lost/not be sent across. If you had an AV amp as a processor, you could use HDMI into the AV amp and either use that or connect it up to this amp to power the speakers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts