best way to connect the emotiva erc3

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hi

i am about to buy the emotiva erc3

at the moment i have the roger sound labs cg24 5.2 speaker package and two additional cg4s

connected to a denon 6200w amp and the front and centre speaker connected to a emotiva xpa3 amp using blue jeans cables

my question is what is the best way of connecting the emotiva erc3 to the rest of the setup would i need to use optical or coaxial or analouge to the denon amp what is the best option and are there any setting i need to change thank you

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If you want to use the CD player's DAC use the RCA outputs from the CD into a set of RCA inputs on the receiver. Do yourself a favour and use some half decent interconnects. Not wanting to start another which interconnects are best war, I shall stop there.

On the other hand, if you want to use the receiver's DAC use either the fibre optic or the coaxial connection. It really doesn't make a lot of difference, but I prefer coaxial as I don't see the logic into converting binary optical into binary electrical, back into binary optical, sending it down a fibre optic cable, before turning the signal back into binary electrical before finally converting it to analogue. Again, I don't want to start another interconnect war, so I shall stop there.

Best advice is to try all options that the CD player and receiver allow and decide which one sounds best FOR YOU.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts