best way to connect old hifi to wifi and new tv

billybodger

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
After reading many threads about this im getting confused...:confused_old: . I have been thinking for a wile now about getting a streamer ( if thats what you call them) to add to my old NAD system and now i have a new Samsung UE43RU7400 TV which has no audio out to connect to my system it looks like i will finally have to do it . I was looking at a Google Chromecast audio a wile ago but it would seem that they are no longer available but i am not to sure if it would stream audio from the tv anyway. So what do i use ? I have looked at Amazon Echo Link ,
Yamaha WXAD10 and Arcam rblink ( but think thats just blue tooth).
There seems to be so many pieces of kit out there to do this so any ideas would be a help.

Gray

One of these would get your TV sound into your old Nad amp Billybodger.
(Via a twin RCA lead, that you've probably already got):
It's USB powered so from a socket on the TV itself or a separate 5v supply.
Before making the connections, go into the TVs audio menu and ensure that its digital output is set to PCM.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 108165

Just a thought Billy, does your CD player have a digital in on the back, optical or coax?

billybodger

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas . But gone a bit of a different way. Ordered a Chromecast audio so i can connect the old system to stream music and raised permission from a higher authority to get a Sonos beam .......

k77stan

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar dilemma how to connect my tv to my analog NAD amp.. Also the optical on my tv developed a fault, so i got an hdmi to optical/coaxial little box from amazon called Easycell and used the hdmi arc on the tv.. then from its other side the optical to my soundbar and the coaxial to a Topping DX3pro DAC that i bought specifically for this and must say it works really well.. Altogether around 200 including cables.. 👍

Last edited:

Gray

I had a similar dilemma how to connect my tv to my analog NAD amp.. Also the optical on my tv developed a fault, so i got an hdmi to optical/coaxial little box from amazon called Easycell and used the hdmi arc on the tv.. then from its other side the optical to my soundbar and the coaxial to a Topping DX3pro DAC that i bought specifically for this and must say it works really well.. Altogether around 200 including cables.. 👍
Glad you've sorted yourself out. I must say though that £200 just to get sound from TV to hi-fi!!......if only our TV had the old SCART socket.....would have been under 3 quid. You said you got the DAC just for the purpose, but at least that will be OK for other uses.
These new tellies might have OK pictures, shame they need soundbars / hi-fi to make their sound acceptable (or even just audible in some cases!)

k77stan

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Glad you've sorted yourself out. I must say though that £200 just to get sound from TV to hi-fi!!......if only our TV had the old SCART socket.....would have been under 3 quid. You said you got the DAC just for the purpose, but at least that will be OK for other uses.
These new tellies might have OK pictures, shame they need soundbars / hi-fi to make their sound acceptable (or even just audible in some cases!)
The DX3pro is also an excellent headphone amp and a Bluetooth receiver. It supports ldac as well as aptx hd, meaning you get quite a bit for the money.. 👍

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts