Best TV for Sky HD box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have recently bought sky HD and need to upgrade my TV to 50" Plasma. Would like to know will full HD set give me any advantage when I use this as my primary source (combinaion of HD and SD programmes) or should I stick to HD ready?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
An HD ready set will be perfectly adequate for Sky as it is at the moment, but a Full HD model might be a wise investment if you're considering a move to Blu-ray/HD DVD in the future.

There's also the slightest suggestion that TV might move on to 1080p at some point in the future, but any such service will be back-compatible with 720p/1080i-capable TVs, and one could chase future standards forever. There's already talk in the States of 1440p, which is beyond current Full HD screens.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew, I'm in the market for a new TV and the Pioneer 4280XD is on my radar. However, in the light of your comments above about the wisdom of buying a Full HD model, I'm wondering whether I should look elsewhere? Any comment from you on this matter would be appreciated, ta!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Andrew. Sounds like HD ready is best for Sky viewing. However if I do aim to future-proof, is it true that images from the sky box will actually be inferior on a 1080p panel due to the need to upscale or whatever?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts