Best turntable under £1500?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm in the market for a new turntable somewhere in the region of £1500. The one i've got my eye on at the moment is the Michell Gyrodec with RB300 arm. Are there sny others worth considering? I have a Lyra Dorian cartridge that will be used in my new deck. Cheers!

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
fantastic deck,i owned this deck and regretted selling it to fund my sons drumming ambitions,still if he makes it he can pay me back.very detailed and lovely bass and easy to set up with no real need for any matainence.i now own a lp 12 which is a lovely deck but lacks the detail imo of the gyro.

A

Anonymous

I got my old Pioneer TT for £10, although had to spend about £40 on it and a good few hours fixing it, its sounds good now.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I bought Clearaudio Performance a couple of months ago to replace a Systemdeck 11X. It comes with a Satisfy tonearm and Maestro cartridge. The platter basically "floats on air" as its held in place by a ceramic shaft and two opposing magnets - so ther's no bearing as on traditional systems.

It is absolutely fabulous, it has tremendous clean bass and the sound is very detailed and transparent. I know its a bit over your budget @ £1600 but it really is fabulous and well worth a listen. I brought along some LPs to my local dealer who set up a system a bit like mine for me to audition it on. I was sold on it after a couple of tracks, it was that good. Well worth a listen in my opinion. Just seen the cartridge advertised in an American magazine for $1000!!!

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts