Best Turn Table for Rotel A11 Tribute

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
I have Wharfedel Diamond 9.1 speakers and a new Rotel A11 Tribute. What Turn table may fit? Ready to pay less than 1000 usd....
My LP's are old (33 from the 70's) and not all of them are in good condition.

Last edited:
I have Wharfedel Diamond 9.1 speakers and a new Rotel A11 Tribute. What Turn table may fit? Ready to pay less than 1000 usd....
My LP's are old (33 from the 70's) and not all of them are in good condition.
Any turntable will fit. You don't have to match it to an amplifier.
The A11, which I dont know why you bought unless you need the internal DAC, has an inbuilt phono stage so you don't need a turntable with a phono stage fitted to it as well.
Not sure what is available for $1000 wherever you are but the usual ones will be from Rega or Project. Something like the Project Debut Pro for instance.
Just make sure you get one fitted with a good cartridge.
If your vinyl is not in good condition why buy a turntable?

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
Let me add another queation:
Bluetooth:
Why the sound quality when on BT is not as good when I use my CD player? Is it possibky because I use an old tablet as a source? Or the BT itself in this Rotel A11 Tribute is not so good? When the old tablet is connected through the AUX with a wire there is a little improvemant. Should I use an external BT connector? What else can be done?

Let me add another queation:
Bluetooth:
Why the sound quality when on BT is not as good when I use my CD player? Is it possibky because I use an old tablet as a source? Or the BT itself in this Rotel A11 Tribute is not so good? When the old tablet is connected through the AUX with a wire there is a little improvemant. Should I use an external BT connector? What else can be done?
BT has limitations whatever version you happen to use. Nothing will beat a wired connection, in my opinion.

Reactions: WayneKerr and Gray

Gray

Bluetooth:
Why the sound quality when on BT is not as good when I use my CD player?
Should I use an external BT connector?
It's possible that you could get an improved BT performance from something like the iFi Zen Blue.
Users speak highly of it and reviews suggest that it's as good as Bluetooth gets.
But, as Al said above, BT itself is a limitation.
So don't be surprised if it still didn't match your CD player.....or even be that much better than your Rotel's internal BT.

Maybe see if you can buy from somewhere that will allow you to return it should you need to.

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for your answers.
I may give up BT and try to find a streamer or other device that plays Tidal and Spotify directly to the A11 Tribut. I see that there are LP players that offer also wifi connections? What would you recommand a seperate WiFi or integrated in a new phono?

Thank you for your answers.
I may give up BT and try to find a streamer or other device that plays Tidal and Spotify directly to the A11 Tribut. I see that there are LP players that offer also wifi connections? What would you recommand a seperate WiFi or integrated in a new phono?
Can you explain what you mean as your question doesn't make any sense to me.
I don't know of any phono preamps with inbuilt wifi
Also most turntables that are wireless use Bluetooth as far as I am aware.
As stated previously if you want your system to sound the best it can, you paid good money for it after all, then connect it with cables......

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
I understand the point of giving up BT. Wired phono's somtimes have wifi connection so it can be used as streamer. If I may decide to replace my old JVC ax3 phono I may try to avoid buying a seperate streamer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts