Best track/ Worst track. Queen.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Best Track - 'In The Lap Of The Gods.....Revisited' - from 'Sheer Heart Attack'. I don't know why really. It starts all mellow then builds to a rousing (almost drunken) finale. Just a generally catchy tune, and in 3/4 timing too (which I like). A firm fave of mine for over 20 years.

Worst track - 'Delilah' - from 'Innuendo'. Truly atrocious on all levels. Musically and lyrically the nadir of Queen tracks. How the rest of the band let Fred put this awful tribute to his cat on the album is anyone's guess... Avoid like the plague.

A

Anonymous

Best would have to be "I want it all". It just makes me happy.
Worst has to be "bicycle race".

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Best track - `White Queen (As It Began)` from `Queen 2.

Worst track - `Delilah` from Innuendo.

`In The Lap...revisited` is also right up there for best song. Very stirring stuff! Agree with `Delilah`. As much as I like the diversity of Queen`s material that song is pretty bad!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Don't like Queen, in fact I quite hate them.

In the 70's they were acceptable, in the 80's they were truly awful.

Best song is "These Are The Days Of Our Lives", worst, well for me there are so many to choose from, but the one that really makes me want to kill the radio is "I Want To Break Free", a truly despicable piece of manure.

I was working in a record shop at the time of Freddie's death, and to be honest, we weren't shifting many units before hand, then suddenly, everyone's a fan.

Queen fans always look so shocked when I tell them that I don't like them, and I appreciate that many many people like them, but if Freddie hadn't died, not so many people would.

Just an honest opinion, I will now retreat to a safe distance.
smile.png

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Just an honest opinion, I will now retreat to a safe distance.
smile.png

You need to go back a little further than that!
smiley-wink.gif

Seriously though, good of you to join in the thread and make a selection when it`s a band you really dislike. All the best.

John Duncan

Best has to be something off Day At The Races. White Man, possibly. Not that familiar with the Innuendo album, but Headlong comes pretty close to being as bad as most of Hot Space, (Under Pressure excepted, obv).

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Oooh, I was going to say Headlong. Though I do also get oddly irritated by You're My Best Friend on occasion.

I'm sorry to be dreadfully mainstream, but after much consideration my favourite Queen track is Bohemian Rhapsody. Special mention to the pomp and poignancy of The Show Must Go On, too.

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll be following this thread to see what people think. I didn't like innuendo at all except for I'm going slightly mad :help:

My favourite is we are the champions

Worst, anything on innuendo (no surprise there)

Will

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
The entire Sheer Heart Attack album is spot on.

Best track - Innuendo (Bohemian Rhaposdy too, but that's such an obvious choice)
Worst track - Delilah. It does kinda mess up the Innuendo album.

Worthy mention - The Barcelona album - not the song, but the entire album - the 2012 version with added orchestra instead of synths.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Best has to be something off Day At The Races. White Man, possibly. Not that familiar with the Innuendo album, but Headlong comes pretty close to being as bad as most of Hot Space, (Under Pressure excepted, obv).

I would agree with you about Hot Space. As for favourite, I have always been partial to Brighton Rock but Prophet's Song is probably my current favourite.

D

Deleted member 2457

Best: We will rock you.

Worst: I want to break free.

:rockout:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The resurrection was supposed to be 3 days, not three years mate.

Will said:
Worthy mention - The Barcelona album - not the song, but the entire album - the 2012 version with added orchestra instead of synths.

Pretty sure that was solo Freddie Mercury, not Queen.

chrisr1718

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
Best. The March Of The Black Queen.
Worst. No comment.

I'm with you on that one; Queen II, the best album! :rockout:

Not really got a worst, something from Hot Space probably, although I do get a little fed up with the over played tracks, i.e. Bo Rhap & Crazy Little Thing Called Love etc.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
toyota man said:
I am not keen on a Day at the Races

Referee!

C'mon TM! 'Somebody To Love' is a bona fide classic, and my fave of everything they threw at 'Greatest Hits 1', although my personal fave from ADATR would have to be 'Teo Torriate'

OK, The album as a whole is a little bit love-heavy, but it's still a classic from a time when they were making great records before 'Jazz' came along and spoiled things. :roll:

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Big Chris I will reavisit a day at the races it was one of those albums that I played half a dozen times and it didn't make the grade good thread by the way :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts