Best tablet £100.00 - £150 maybe £160.00 ?

daveh75

For that kind of money you cant go wrong with either a first gen Nexus 7, a Kindle Fire/HDX or even a Hudl

Anything else in that price range, is going to be appalling tat by comparison.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Not kept too well hence the late reply.... all considered but now he's after a playstation 4.

Did not think that I'd be able to get one having turned up to another posters link to Asda's that were to get a few.... was there for a while... doors opened only for the manager to say, no Playstations were to srrive as the listing was wrong !... grrrrr.

Not too perturbed I went online and searched around.... found that from time to time Argos were getting a few in.

I linked onto their site and lo and behold, got one (extra wireless hand-control) .... yeah :)

One Christmas, solved.... no idea as to WHAT game to get though ??????? Any ideas ? Please ?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Assassins Creed IV for a general fun game. If he likes first person shooters, I believe Call of Duty Ghosts is the best one (no idea really, not my cup of tea). Driving games would be Need for Speed, but it's not a great driving game as we're all waiting for Drive Club - due to be released next year some time.

If money is available, get a PS Plus membership (monthly or yearly available) - as well as being able to play online and other benefits, you'll get two free games with this straight away that you can download from PSN - Resogun and Contrast. Resogun is awesome. I mean it - it doesn't necessarily seem as good as everyone says on first few plays, but after a few hours, you'll wonder where the time went. Contrast is an enjoyable enough distraction as well.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No worries. Worth noting there's some other free to play games in the form of Blacklight, Warframe and DC Universe Online - you can download and play these all free from PSN. There's the opporunity to pay money for quicker upgrades in these games, but if you ignore them, they are genuinely free.

There's also a game called Flower which is excellent - it costs money (unless you bought it on the PS Vita / PS3 already), but it's about £7 and genuinely a lovely gaming experience. Possibly not what a typical gamer is wanting (especially if they consider 1st person shooters the "be all and end all"), but worth looking at if you want something a bit different.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts