Best system for £1000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have bose docking station and a few ipods plus a hard drive full of downloaded or music copied from my cds. I now want to find a player plus four speakers (to connect to wiring in a room) and ideally wanted to spend around £1000. I am prepared to spend up to £1500 is there is a very tangible increase in quality of sound by doing so.

I have listened to a friends basic ipod docking station through an arcam ampliflier and bose cube speakers and found the sound quite good. It was certainly better than my bose ipod player but I felt that for a grand or a grand and a half there was someting better. I really do not know where to start looking.

I was told to spend 50/50 on player/amplifier units and speakers. I have 2.5mm solid copper cable running from a central point on the wall to four speak positions and also wondered if that cable will affect sound quality.

Any help would be appreciated.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
You could take a look at a Maranz MCR603 might tick a lot of boxes with respect to streaming and iPod connectivity, if you have iOS devices the airplay is a bonus. Well worth a Listen.

Are you looking at 4 speakers in the same room?

A

Anonymous

Hi yes, we are looking at four speakers, however we are not planning on streaming as we have poor broadband connectivity. We are happy to use a hard drive with music already downloaded and simply connect it to the device if that is possible. What I am really saying is that I want to pay for quality more than latest up to date features if that makes sense. If we can somehow dock the iphone and connect a hard drive through USB connection that is fine. If the streaming facility comes at no extra cost then that is fine with us.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts