Hi,

I'm looking for a new hi fi system. I can spend about 700€ (about 550 pounds).

I was considering buying a pair of BW 685 s2 and a Yamaha AS500 or a HK 3390. (I have the opportunity of a second hand as500 for 150€)

Would be a good combination or these speakers deserve spending more in an amplifier?

The system would be placed in a living room, not a dedicated listening room.

thanks!

Hi,

I'm looking for a new hi fi system. I can spend about 700€ (about 550 pounds).

I was considering buying a pair of BW 685 s2 and a Yamaha AS500 or a HK 3390. (I have the opportunity of a second hand as500 for 150€)

Would be a good combination or these speakers deserve spending more in an amplifier?

The system would be placed in a living room, not a dedicated listening room.

thanks!

[/quote]

And your source would be what?

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
The B&W 685 are very good speakers that can't be said about the Yamaha AS500 lean , bright and laid back sound . look for other options like the Rotel ,Audiolab and Cambridge Audio integrated amps.

matthewpiano

The Yamaha isn't as bad as all that, it just needs matching with the right speakers. Get that right and it can actually sound very nice.

We could do with more information before we can really advise you. What music do you listen to? Do you have space to position your chosen speakers properly on stands and how far from the wall will you be able to have them? What will you be using to play your music (computer? ipod? CD player? etc.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts