Best Surround Amplifier for Monitor Audio PL300 Surround Speakers....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys, I am slowly building my home theater system up before a house move due next year. The speakers will be without change unfortunately the Monitor Audio PL300 Surround Package.

However I need an amplifier that is able to get the best out of these speakers and match them tonally as well. They will be used mostly for movies and games. Rarely with music, as I have a seperate 2 channel amplifier to deal with that aspect. I have a budget of £5000 so am considering all the AV Recievers from Pioneer SC-LX90, Yamaha DSP-Z11, & Denon AVC-A1HDA. Out of the range toppers from those manufacturers, which is best suited for me?

Unfortunately getting lots of time to demo is difficult, and due to my specific requirements will take a long time, so I though the experience of all the people on this forum will help me along my way. Also I will only be using a 5.1 or 5.2 system. Thanks

Vinny7:

Hi Guys, I am slowly building my home theater system up before a house move due next year. The speakers will be without change unfortunately the Monitor Audio PL300 Surround Package.

However I need an amplifier that is able to get the best out of these speakers and match them tonally as well. They will be used mostly for movies and games. Rarely with music, as I have a seperate 2 channel amplifier to deal with that aspect. I have a budget of £5000 so am considering all the AV Recievers from Pioneer SC-LX90, Yamaha DSP-Z11, & Denon AVC-A1HDA. Out of the range toppers from those manufacturers, which is best suited for me?

Unfortunately getting lots of time to demo is difficult, and due to my specific requirements will take a long time, so I though the experience of all the people on this forum will help me along my way. Also I will only be using a 5.1 or 5.2 system. Thanks

Hi Vinny7

The Yamaha DSP-Z11 is the ideal choice.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned, the DSPZ11 is the best amp under £5/6k as far as movies are concerned. It's expansive soundstage just sounds so much more convincing than any of the others. While others have gone up in price, the Yamaha has actually come down (at the dealers end anyway), and is a serious bargain because of this. We feel you have to spend a hell of a lot of money to get anything that just sounds as 'right' as this amplifier does with AV.

Vinny7:I had a feeling you would say that :) Thx Rick

Hi Vinny7

Thanks for your post.

I had a feeling that i would recommend the DSP-Z11 too!
emotion-4.gif

Besides the supreme Chord Electronics AV processors/multi-channel power amps the DSP-Z11 is best AV amplifer that i have come across. Hence the reason why for nearly a year it has been in almost constant use in the shop.

In my experience the one thing that i have learnt over the years is that (when it come to AV amps in particular) YAMAHA INSPIRES CONFIDENCE.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi Vinny,

I haven't heard a comparison, but I have listened at length to your speaker package paired with the Denon AVC-A1HD and it was a very impressive and enjoyable listen on various sources. The place I listened to it at wasn't a retail establishment and had it set up as a reference system while they equally had the likes of the Yamaha and Pioneers (and Arcam) available for the same purpose, so while not a quantitative tangible was definitely a vote for in my mind.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your response Tom. All advice is welcomed and will make my decision time much quicker :)

Excellent

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts