Best Style Speaker Surround Package to keep wife happy!

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mick,

I have the Q Acoustics 1010i as you mentioned. If you are going to use them for home cinema only, I can recommend them completely!!

Don't forget you can get wall brackets for both the front and rear speakers, if that helps the 'nagging wife' situation??

Obviously, these brackets may help 'hide' the speakers around the room, perhaps?

Other ideas........sorry the Q Acoustics are what hifi's home cinema speaker system under £750 for the second year......thats why I bought them.

Hope that helps in some way............

A

Anonymous

Your in the same boat as me then, i wanted Jamo's, but in the end we got the sony HT-IS100 because of the speaker size(same as a golf ball).

A

Anonymous

arent the kef 2005.3 the best buy at around the 700mark?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
For 'style' speaker systems, yes.....

but not for 'traditional' speaker systems, which tend to be better, in my view!!!

Anyway, Mick has stated his budget is up to £500, so 2005.3 is out of the running.....

Although thinking about it, Mick, you could try to locate a set of KEF 2005.2 (one on ebay-BRAND NEW - 4 days left in silver-'buy it now' £400).....looks the same as KEF 2005.3, just the last version. If you can't, maybe the KEF 1005.2 (£400) will keep the wife on your side.

A

Anonymous

Try the mission M Cubes, you can get these for around £500 and are very wife friendly, they even come in different colours and won awards 2/3 years ago. Or maybe some Bose, either of these will sound much better than an all in one system.

A

Anonymous

This seems to be a very big boat as I am in it as well !

I am looking at the HTIS 100 as well.

Andrew how do you like it ? I will be using mine with my PS 3 and SKY HD ? What do you use it with? Have you got the S Air wireless kit ? If so does it work ok? What is it like with music? I will probably use my PS3 for CD s for the time being.

Sorry to ask so many questions but your the first person I ve found who actually owns one and I hav nt found any reviews on line.

Thanks in anticipation of your reply!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

In regard to the KEF 2005.2 Paul I was looking at the very same speakers last night on Ebay unfortunately those particular ones are collection only, although I agree with thehoss and yourself that the Kef's do seem to be the way to go.

Cheers Mick

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I'd go for Cliff1's suggestion, Leamick.

A friend of mine has the original KEF 2005, and to be honest they sound fantastic...

I imagine the 2005.2 will be even better, and are so small they will fit almost anywhere.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
hey there, having had the kef 2005.2 before I bought the Tannoy Arena's ... i'd go for the Tannoy's they sound a waaaay better and for looks they can't be beat.

I think you can now buy them for around the £700.00 mark and you wife will really like them as well as they look like features. If your wallet can handle it ... buy the stands as well as they are smart looking.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I can vouch for the Tannoy Arena, (looks and performance). Full version now at £800 or less, and this is a load less than their original price. They are in a different league than the KEF 2005, (and the 3005s in my opinion).

A

Anonymous

I collect it next Tuesday, but i was impressed with the sound of those speakers, im hooking it upto a sony40w4500 and sony 350BD which im also picking up Tuesday, give me a couple of days and i will try to knock up an atempt of a review.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts