Best soundbar or sound base

keithallton

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Dear all,

Need some advice, I am in two minds over the Q Acoustics media 4 and the Canton 55 both obviously highly thought of but which is best? I am looking to pair it with either the Panasonic 50 dx 700 or if budget will stretch the Samsung 55ks7000 although think the feet on the S will be too far apart for my unit. Any ideas on these two or even alternatives would be much appreciated, budget £800-900

Thanks

Keith

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
keithallton said:
Dear all,

Need some advice, I am in two minds over the Q Acoustics media 4 and the Canton 55 both obviously highly thought of  but which is best? I am looking  to pair it with either the Panasonic 50 dx 700 or if budget will stretch the Samsung 55ks7000 although think the feet on the S will be too far apart for my unit. Any ideas on these two or even alternatives would be much appreciated, budget £800-900

Thanks

Keith

I'd go for the Samsung and put it on the wall :) the q acoustics is a good sound bar.

iyannadonovan

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, the Canton 55 has overall better ratings, but you should check out HEOS HomeCinema. It comes with a bi-amplified soundbar and a wireless subwoofer with dual 5.25’’ drivers that give you cinema-like bass with deeper rumbles. I’ve had no problems with distortion either (thank you, DSP audio processor). What initially drew me in were its comparisons with 5.1 surround sound systems, and since trying it out I’ve found that it delivers a more ‘surround sound experience’ (ironic, I know). It gives me more of a movie-theater feel than anything else I’ve tried.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It's a tad more than your budget, but if you're looking at that price point, it's worth checking out - the Bluesound Pulse soundbar. It can be part of a multi-room system should you want to take things further, and will stream hi-res, as well as TIDAL's MQA Masters (if you have a TIDAL account). Excellent app too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts