Best portable music players 2019: from budget to hi-res music

Escudos999

Apr 27, 2020
Visit site
I definitely think either, or both, the Shanling M0 or new Q1 DAP/DACs should be on this list, great UI, flexibility, sound and prices £80 for M0 and around £110 for Q1. I love the 1950s retro style of the Q1.

Blasterinn

Jan 17, 2021
Visit site
Where is the Fiio M15? The Ibasso players and Hiby too?
And this astell & kern adoration is getting a bit tired, they are quality players but do not deserve all this adoration.
How about Luxury Precision P6 R2R DAP?
I just think this list is in desperate need of a rethink/refresh.

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I own an LG V30 smartphone. It cost me €150 new, open box. It has a quad DAC and can drive my 300ohm HD580s.
Previous to getting this phone I bought a Fiio X3 mk II and a Fiio M6. The UI on the phone is many times better than either of the DAPs. In a blind test I doubt very much whether I would be able to distinguish the audio output of the phone against either DAP.
Not only that but the V30 is really good phone despite it's age.
I am selling both the DAPs if I can find some one who is willing to buy them, given the above. LG phones are just killing the DAP.

crunchbangyou

Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
This is a freaking Astell & Kern list, needs a serious rethinking.

@Navanski - Completely agree with you. LG phones with dacs are so much better for a great price. Apart from owning two FiiO players and a FiiO amp, I have a LG G7 which I use only for music. Also picked a brand new LG G7 One to stock till LG G7 gives away. The user experience is so much better and no compromise on SQ too.

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
You can listen to music on your phone of course, but if you want optimum sound quality, only a dedicated player will do.

Best portable music players 2019: from budget to hi-res music : Read more
I own an LG V30 smartphone. It cost me €150 new, open box. It has a quad DAC and can drive my 300ohm HD580s.
Previous to getting this phone I bought a Fiio X3 mk II and a Fiio M6. The UI on the phone is many times better than either of the DAPs. In a blind test I doubt very much whether I would be able to distinguish the audio output of the phone against either DAP.
Not only that but the V30 is really good phone despite it's age. This was a top spec flagship phone less than 4 years ago
I am selling both the DAPs if I can find some one who is willing to buy them, given the above. LG phones are just killing the DAP.

Disagree with this and John Darko's similar experience if you think you can.

Tanihifi1

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Gentlemen, I wonder why Fiio M17 is not on your list. As nmore people said above, you are A&K addicted, and that's not fair.
There is not even a review of Fiio M17 on What Hi-Fi site. Is there any reason you didn't consider this? Thanks for a reply...if you read this comment.

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Gentlemen, I wonder why Fiio M17 is not on your list. As nmore people said above, you are A&K addicted, and that's not fair.
There is not even a review of Fiio M17 on What Hi-Fi site. Is there any reason you didn't consider this? Thanks for a reply...if you read this comment.
You are so right. I think there is a tendency to ignore Chi-fi together with a distinct bias towards certain brands. Someone with a less open mind might suggest brown envelopes were involved.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Love AK, love FiiO, love Shanling, Caylin, HiBy etc etc but take a breath, don't waste your money. There's a new kid on the block, very hi-spec Android DAP and these little solid metal wonders are less than £300 and blows the socks off FiiO M11s, not just musicality but also functionality. Top notch design, silky smooth touch screen, the name is TempoTec Variation V6. TeeTee VeeVee should roll off everybody's tongue!
Please check the reviews on Youtube.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts