Best phono preamps 2020: budget to high-end

Jul 22, 2020
Visit site
Best phono pre amp Rega Phono MM MK3 !!! REALLY!!! obviously no one at What Numb Nuts has heard the sublime Shiit Mani. It blows the Rega MM MK3 into next week I know I've had the Rega and now listen to the Mani. But it doesn't even get a mention, serious loss of respect for the reviews and revievers here now.

jdej541943

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Best phono pre amp Rega Phono MM MK3 !!! REALLY!!! obviously no one at What Numb Nuts has heard the sublime Shiit Mani. It blows the Rega MM MK3 into next week I know I've had the Rega and now listen to the Mani. But it doesn't even get a mention, serious loss of respect for the reviews and revievers here now.

Hi there!! I had the Rega for about a year , then the Mani came out it was $99 so i took the plunge. I could not believe it!! The Mani blew out the Rega by a mile . Everything improved so much from Hi to Lows. I owned a Clearaudio Champion II with an Audio-technica 150mlx. Thats the problem with reviews from magazines that are bias to USA products. Have you seen a Magnepan in recommended review in British HiFI magazines?

Belerofon

Aug 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi there!! I had the Rega for about a year , then the Mani came out it was $99 so i took the plunge. I could not believe it!! The Mani blew out the Rega by a mile . Everything improved so much from Hi to Lows. I owned a Clearaudio Champion II with an Audio-technica 150mlx. Thats the problem with reviews from magazines that are bias to USA products. Have you seen a Magnepan in recommended review in British HiFI magazines?
Well, i don't think it's bias. British are one of most brilliant manufactures in case vinyl or music industry. IN case of rega aria. Aria is in her price tag great phono and multi award winner so no suprise here. If you prefer Mani good for you, but i've heard aprox. 10 phono stages and Aria truly shines. For my ears Mani is not even close to Aria. Of course i have all rega setup so it's synergy there.

ausmonty60

Jul 27, 2023
Visit site
How could you not include the Dynavector P75 MK4. Bangs for bucks, it's one of the best phono stages out there . . . no matter which cartridge you have.

froze

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
I agree with others, the Gram Amp is a piece of junk, I tried it and immediately knew it was junk so I sent it back.

Instead got the Schitt Mani and it sounded better than not only the Gram Amp but that's no big shake because that Gram Amp would have lost to any $20 preamp, but it also sounded better than my old Cambridge.

One of the comments cut down the Schitt Mani saying it didn't compare to the Rega Ari...Duh! Really? You're going to compare a $1,500 phono preamp to a $150 one, then call the $150 one bad?? (Insult deleted by moderation) That is like comparing a Bentley Flying Spur to a Honda HR-V, and then saying the Bentley is a much better luxury car!

I would like to do a blind listening test of the Rega Ari to the Schitt Mani, I bet the difference isn't worth $1,350 more money, but some people think they hear the difference, like they think they can hear the difference between $1 a foot speaker wire vs $1,000 a foot wire, they can't hear any difference because there is none, test have been done to prove that fact, and no one has ever taken anyone up on bets that they could hear the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts