Best option?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am just looking into purchasing a suitable system for playing CD's, connecting an ipod and listening to radio. While I was thinking about it I thought it would be a good idea to connect my TV to enhance its sound.

I started to go down the home cinema route, but then as I dont watch films, it was suggested that it would be a waste of money, as a hifi set up would be much better than playing music through a home cinema set up.

So, back to the hifi.

I quite liked the look of the Denon DM38DAB, but it was also suggested that the Onkyo cr545 would be an alternative. I also wondered if going up to the Denon DF107 was worth the extra outlay over the other two. Or should I go for some other option using traditional seperates?

I understand that the Onkyo cr545 has the advantage of the built in ipod dock therefore I wouldn't have to purchase one as with the Denon, but how much of an advantage is the dock when you can connect through the USB port?

I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest option, but don't want to throw excessive amounts of money at it. I was thing maybe about £500..... or a little more if necessary.

The main thing is going down the right road.... hifi as opposed to home cinema and obtaining decent kit for the outlay.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Does the system you bye have to be a compact all in one?

If not you will get better quality (all round) if you down the separates route.

How about Marantz CD 6003 & PM 6003 + Wharfdale Diamond 10.1 below..

Marantz_CD6003_PM6003_Diamond10-1_1400.jpg

Check out the deal here: http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/5792

A

Anonymous

The compactness of the smaller units is appealing in the space I was thinking about, but if there is considerable difference by purchasing the marantz seperates (or any other options someone may suggest), then I could re-jig and maybe purchase an alternative stand to house it all.

If i stuck to compactness would the more expensive Denon Df107 be an advantage?

Would all this connect to the tv ok and enhance its sound?

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
The major advantage the DF107 has over the other two is it's power (watts).

If your TV has an audio out all of these unit's will accept the signal and amplify it.

Can you get out and listen to some of the unit's you have posted, find some local dealers and go from there..

A

Anonymous

Shooter - Yes, I'd be able to get to Superfi and Richersounds in Leeds.... That's not too far from me. Also a local HiFi shop in Huddersfield, but they won't carry as much range and prices will probabaly be a bit more expensive.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I think then that's probably the way to go, get out and have a listen/demo to your preferences and see what kind of deal you can get if you like one of them.

Good luck..

A

Anonymous

What about the marantz MCR603 as an alternative to the Denon DM38DAB, Onkyo CR545 or Denon DF107.... maybe with wharfedale 10.1 speakers? Thats if I stay with the mini theme.

Or will I be spending more money than necessary for not much benefit?

How would the MCR603 compare to the Marantz seperates, CD6003 + PM6003?

Am I starting to over confuse what I thought was a simple purchase when I started?

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
challenger said:
What about the marantz MCR603 as an alternative to the Denon DM38DAB, Onkyo CR545 or Denon DF107.... maybe with wharfedale 10.1 speakers? Thats if I stay with the mini theme. Or will I be spending more money than necessary for not much benefit? How would the MCR603 compare to the Marantz seperates, CD6003 + PM6003? Am I starting to over confuse what I thought was a simple purchase when I started?

No confusion there, i would say explore every option you have but for me the separate's route would give you more for your money if your looking at the MCR063.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts