Best next steps

txranger

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
Howdy folks,

I currently have a Project Carbon Debut DC TT with the stock Ortofon 2M Red cart, Pioneer SC-81, Project Phono Box MM DC, outputting to Polk Audio RTi-A7 speakers. I probably don't have audiophile ears because I've blown them on many metal concerts (50+ Metallica shows, 20+ NIN shows, etc), but I really enjoy listening to music at sound levels that are probably insane. I like to have a drink or 5 and enjoy turning the music up to where I feel it in my soul. I was trying to figure out where to go from here with upgrades, so I bought a Rega Phono MM MK IIIl, but I am not noticing a huge difference, still trying to decide whether to keep that and just head to the next upgrade or trade it back for something else. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for my listening style as far as where to go next. I was looking at Rega Planar 3 or Project X1 or Project Carbon Evo or Project Debut Pro (those are around my price points), but I'm kinda wondering if I shouldn't invest in a Project VC S2 cleaner instead. Open to researching any suggestions.

I don't mind spending the money, but maybe it helps to know my taste in music is Metallica, Tool, NIN, Puscifer, Rodrigo y Gabriela, etc. Anyone have any advice on how to crank it up a notch from here?

Cheers,
Walker

txranger

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
For me I would change out the AV amp for a stereo amp and may be change the speakers.
I didn't think about that, I used to have the TT running with everything media related, but now I only use the receiver for the TT, so that makes sense. Any suggestions on where to start with stereo amp and speakers? I thought these RTI-a7 were pretty good, looking forward to hearing better! Thanks for the help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts