Best New windows 7 Music Player

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I know this may have been asked several time in the past few months, but as you know there are new software and upgdates available everyday, so I am interested to know currently which is the best windows based music playing software available which has the ultimate sound quality and features to manage music (downloads cover arts, lyrics, playlists, ratings) etc.

I tried mediamonkey and foobar, foobar requires lot of customization and I don't have time for that, I was not very impressed with sound quality of media monkey, so what else is available.

I don't remember if WHFS&V ever rated any software wondering why not, is mag is limited to hardware only :)

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
i'm using J. River media centre 16 with wasapi plug in (exclusive mode) via realtek hd soundcard with latest w7 drivers and optical out to my sony av receiver. all my CDs are ripped to flac and I can't tell the difference between the rips and the CD. I have also downloaded some hi res flacs which sound really good through my system.

it syncs with my android phone and includes a dlna server for streaming to other devices in other rooms. library management is up there with the best imho.

A

Anonymous

NigelF said:
I know this may have been asked several time in the past few months, but as you know there are new software and upgdates available everyday, so I am interested to know currently which is the best windows based music playing software available which has the ultimate sound quality and features to manage music (downloads cover arts, lyrics, playlists, ratings) etc.

I tried mediamonkey and foobar, foobar requires lot of customization and I don't have time for that, I was not very impressed with sound quality of media monkey, so what else is available.

I don't remember if WHFS&V ever rated any software wondering why not, is mag is limited to hardware only :)

You should try media monkey again. There is no reason why it should sound any different to any other player.

But just make sure you have DSP effects turned off, volume levellng off etc.

You can also select whether to use directsound, wasapi, or wave out.

This is all under tools, options then volume levelling, output plugins, DSP plugins etc.

Another good one to try, (not free) is Helium music manager).

Personally I just use Winamp. So long as the above is true, they all sound identical.

A

Anonymous

MusicBee

http://www.getmusicbee.com/

This is (to me) the best free media player at the moment.

I also use foobar but agree it does require lot of customization...

I´ve tried most of the players out there (xmplayer, xmbc, mediamonkey, foobar, Jriver, aimp3 and winyl) and prefer MusicBee...

:rockout:

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Melosoares said:
MusicBee

http://www.getmusicbee.com/

This is (to me) the best free media player at the moment.

I also use foobar but agree it does require lot of customization...

I´ve tried most of the players out there (xmplayer, xmbc, mediamonkey, foobar, Jriver, aimp3 and winyl) and prefer MusicBee...

:rockout:

Looks good. I might have to try that.

A

Anonymous

Yes it´s worth it.

It´s a great free media player (audio only).

Very intuitive and simple, but at the same time very configurable and most important with Wasapi and Asio "out of the box" (bitperfect).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts