admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I am looking at getting a micro system due to lack of space more than anything else and would appreciate a few pointers regarding what setup would suit. I have been dedicated hifi free for a long time, making do with a computer setup that sounds just plain nasty. Last setup I had was Technics based, amp, CD, graphic EQ and a pair of B&W's (model escapes me) This may not have been everyones taste but I liked it. Now while I understand the purist train of thought, i'm a little deaf in the top end and used the EQ to boost this and generally tweek the sound so it sounded good to me. I have done a bit of reading and it seems these are no longer required due to advances in technology ? Can someone explain this for me ? Also I have not seen any micro systems with any kind of programmable, just them horrible preset options, does anything like this exist ?

Musical taste is rock, classic through to Metallica.

Speakers will probably be mounted on wall brackets (again due to space)

The room is around 18' x 15', typical livingroom furnishings but no big, soft, sound munching sofa's, but carpet not wooden flooring, I take it all these things still affect sound!

DAB is pretty essential to keep wifey happy with purchase :) and iPod dock is also required

Price is not really an issue for the right system but i'm not going broke over it. If there is a unit that is good but would perform better with different speakers than that's fine, as I said I generally need to boost the top end and a good clean bass is a must.

Any help, pointers and advise to save me buying a dud are appreciated

Cockney

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
A bit more detail on your budget would be useful.

If @£1000 isn't "going broke", then Arcam's Solo Mini (£650) plus a pair of wall-mountable speakers (try from Dali Lektor at £250 to B&W 685 at £380) would make a superb system - just add Arcam's superb rDock for your iPod.

Reviews of all of these here on our site - I would link you to them all, but am having browser issues right now!

A

Anonymous

1k tops to keep marital bliss in place, my wife is quite happy with what is ejected from my Mac and Logitec speakers so she doesn't see the point..

I'll check that one out, thanks. Any more offers from anyone?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts