Best Micro/Mini 5.1 speaker system

MRAlan

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I have jusr bought the LG SL900 which I am really pleased with. Also the stand I bought was the Modus zin422510/bki. This ia a all black high gloss stand full enclosed.

Now...I am looking for a home theater 5.1 I was looking at the Panasonic SCBT200 .This would be great as I have no blueray player. I am one of those who hate the site of speakers, having said that I will of course have to have them but the smaller the better, and must look good as well as sound good too.

I have had a look at Eclipse speakers but they are out of my budget.I have seen Energy RC Micro 5.1 speakers advertised on the net , but it looks like they are unavailble in the UK. So..can anyone suggest a good 5.1 speaker system what is Micro in size, great sound,and possibly finished in gloss black. Also appreciated if you can suggest speaker brackets. Also..would you go for a blueray player or Amp if so which one. My max budget would be £600.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

A

Anonymous

You can get a good starter seperate pack for about 600.

Pioneer VSX 819 AMP 249.00 OR SONY 800 FOR 199.00

Wharfdale 9.1's for 99.00 each and the centre for 50.00

And rears, I got the MS alumni for 130.00

Sony blu-ray 360 can be had for under 100.00 as well.

This will allow so much room for upgrades in the future.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi MRAlan,

Before deciding on a Jamo102s seperates speaker package i tried out the Sony IS-100. This is the system with the rather large sub/amplifier but with 50p size satellites complete with wall brackets and all cables. In the Sony store it was a little bass heavy and i only got to hear Dolby Digital but i bet in the right hands it can be made to sound fantastic. The system accepts HD audio as PCM so as long as any player you choose can output as PCM, say a Sony s360 or LG390 should work great. Will be having a conservatory built soon and will be looking for one of these then so that the tiny satellites can be hidden. The sub has a mid base driver on top. Haven't tried it but if i can get the sub on a stand behind the TV with the midbase driver clear i would have all but an invisible system. Forgot to mention that it does HDMI switching and comes with an optional S360. Has an infra red tiny base on centre speaker for switching/ controls etc.

If you get one let me know what you think please. Very interested to know.

Good Luck,

Cookie Monster

MRAlan

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Canada16 and Cookie monster for your input.

I think the mission speakers are out..as even those I find too big. I have my TV in the corner of the room ..so very little space even for that size speaker. Yes have thought about the sony speaker system but I am sure some where I read it has no base..it was clear, but with lots of treble. I have not heard them my self so I guess it will be definetley worth going to try them out.

I will let you know what I decide on. In the meantime any more suggestions are welcome.

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts