Best Low Cost AV Receiver with HDMI and Phono

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Need help in purchasing an AV Receiver.

I have SKY HD, a decent Denon DVD (HDMI at 1080i) and a decent Pioneer 43 inch Plasma (single HDMI).

I also in a separate system have some Hi-Fi including a two box Arcam CD and a Linn Sondek. These run through a Naim Pre-Power to a pair of Kef Reference 105/3's.

I am looking to combine the two systems for a short period of time whilst some housing issues are reconciled.

I don't want to spend on a big AV Amp as I won't use it as the AV hub for very long. Plus I intend to split the system back into 2 at a later date,

So, a cheapish AV Amp/Receiver capable of taking the SKY HD and the Denon DVD with the least amount of fuss, and still sound OK running 2 channel sound out from the CD and Sondek to the big KEF's.

As they say............Answers on a postcard to.

DK687

A

Anonymous

hate to say it but the Onkyo 605 for around £400 would do you fine in the interim, would keep it's value in the second hand market as well as they all all the rage at the for some reason. think sound got lost in favour of gagets somewhere but would be fine short term

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="quasibongo"]think sound got lost in favour of gagets somewhere but would be fine short term[/quote]

So the 605's only OK, the Sony DAV-IS10 is only for dumb people who walk into Currys - my, you're in a merry mood today, Mr Todd...

nads

[quote user="quasibongo"]hate to say it but the Onkyo 605 for around £400 would do you fine in the interim, would keep it's value in the second hand market as well as they all all the rage at the for some reason. think sound got lost in favour of gagets somewhere but would be fine short term[/quote]
unfortunately the 605 does not have a phono input so a phono stage will be required.

A

Anonymous

I listened to the Onkyo 875 and 905 and was impressed.

They both have a phono for my Sonek, but the 605 doesn't.

I don't want to buy a phono stage as it will be junked as soon as I get the Naim sysem re-instated.

So 605 no good, where next ?

Dk687

A

Anonymous

i'm not saying it's not ok, but it is just that. ok. big gap between 605 and 875. if you only needed it until you got your real gear sorted then go for it. you could easily sell it on

A

Anonymous

I'm certainly not dumb enough to walk into Curry's, but what has this got to do with the question ?

ps. 605 definitely hasn't got a phono connection.

A

Anonymous

Nads thanks for the interest.

I ahve decide to go Cambridge Audio 340R and a separate phono stage.

I changed my mind about the Phono stage after I found one that would allow me to download my LP's into MP3 on my computer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts