admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been moving my stuff into a new place over the last week. Having been with my last ISP for 2 years (lazy I know) I'm out of touch with the whole ISP business and this is as good a chance as any to get a better deal.

If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

I live in central Manchester if that helps at all. Thanks a many.

A

Anonymous

I've had great service from Be www.bethere.co.uk for the past few years, not sure if they are in your exact area, but they cover most of the country. including several areas of manchester. seeÿhttps://www.bethere.co.uk/showRollOutExchange.do

I get 14M in and 1.1 out in terms of speed and they provide a wireless router tooÿ

hthÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I stick with BT - not the cheapest but in my area the most reliable.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
welshboy:I stick with BT - not the cheapest but in my area the most reliable.

Have been using Pipex for many years without any problems. Mind you, how using DoCoMo here in Makuhari, and that seems pretty solid, too!

But on the subject if ISPs, watch the Blogs section over the next few hours for some news from here that's likely to make you totally sick...

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

welshboy:I stick with BT - not the cheapest but in my area the most reliable.

Have been using Pipex for many years without any problems. Mind you, how using DoCoMo here in Makuhari, and that seems pretty solid, too!

But on the subject if ISPs, watch the Blogs section over the next few hours for some news from here that's likely to make you totally sick...

I think I know what that will be about. We are sooo slooow in the Uk compared to a lot of places and sooo expensive as well!
emotion-2.gif

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I'd go with Be, given half a chance.

Sadly, there are only 2 ISP's here in Jersey. Both of whom announced in January, with much fanfare, that 'high speed' broadband was here at last! Hurray!

We now get.... 2m/b. Woo and indeed hoo
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the help people, I've decided to go with Be. Ta.

T

the record spot

O2 have been excellent and very reliable, as well as competitive (£12.50 for 8Mb download speed unlimited/fair use policy contract) - we went with them when we moved back up to Edinburgh earlier in the summer. Had been with Pipex beforehand who were very good too. Never had a problem with them.

EDIT: 24/7 UK phone and technical support line too - freephone number I think, if that makes a difference for potential users.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I should mention that BE is owned by O2 and its essential the same service. You can get it really cheap if you have an O2 mobile contract. But they don't allow any tweaking which you can do with BE to increase speeds.

A

Anonymous

AFAIK Be use a separate set of hardware in the exchange, they may be owned by 02 and perhaps now share some backbone network, but the boxes you connect to directly are ones owned by Be, not O2. Hence the tweaking, I get a reliable 13/14Mb per sec from Be in Walthamstow, I've heard same / better elsewhere. Customer support is good, not that I've needed it much. The service is solid with good warnings of any downtime, twice in 2 1/2 years.

Just a happy customerÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts