Best Ipod dock to an Onkyo Amp?

A

Anonymous

The Onkyo ND-S1 digital dock has got some very good reviews. In fact it won an award in the2009 awards issue. You could connect it to your amp via the optical connection. Failing that what about a Russ Andrews GQ-24 cable. This will not charge your iPod though. If you want that function.

A

Anonymous

Thank you. I am a newbie here. Could you please tell me more about the Russ Andrews GQ-24 cable? Do I still need a dock if i use this cable? Thanks heaps!!!

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
The GQ-24 cable is exactly what it say's it's just a cable (no dock required), if you want a dock i suggest you look elsewhare. You could also consider the onkyo DSA3 dock.

A

Anonymous

It connects to the port on the bottom of the iPod and takes audio at line level. The other end has red and white phonos which connect to the amp in the same way as a cd player.

Mr. Iceman

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
Possibly Onkyo NDS1, which is one of the very few docks with digital Ipod output and as Messiah suggested, there is an excellent upgrade path ahead of it.

Bear in mind that this dock does not have an analogue output (in other words, no on-board DAC) so if you wish to connect it to an amp that does not have an in-built DAC, you will have to get a stand alone DAC first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts