Best Hi-Fi upgrade ever.

Mr Beachams

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
cotton_buds.jpg

And cheap as chips, just how many people use them before an audition?

A

Anonymous

Just don't put them in your ears. Seriously, you shouldn't put anything in your ears and there is no need to.

simon3102000

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Jesus man do not recommend people stick things in their ears, doing that regularly will damage your ears, and more than likely compact the gunk in there even more, this post should be removed.

Triggy

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
I was told by ENT Consultant that "nothing smaller than your elbow should be put in your ear".

Serious damage can be done by using these cotton buds.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to get a bit worried reading this thread. :(

I use earbuds every day to stop the Comply foam tips on my earphones from getting dirty.

If I stopped using earbuds to clean my ears I'd have to start using regular rubber tips on my earphones instead because they're easier to clean when they get waxy.

T

the record spot

Thanks for the tip Steve. I'll retire the wire brush and Dettol in that case now. :)

matthewpiano

Using cotton buds to clean ears is dangerous. It compacts some of the wax causing it to harden and increasing the risk of infection. There is also the danger of going too far in and perforating an ear drum.

The only way to get rid of excess wax is to consult your GP who will be able to give you some drops to soften the wax and then syringe your ears.

Triggy

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Using cotton buds to clean ears is dangerous. It compacts some of the wax causing it to harden and increasing the risk of infection. There is also the danger of going too far in and perforating an ear drum.

The only way to get rid of excess wax is to consult your GP who will be able to give you some drops to soften the wax and then syringe your ears.

Syringing is now out of favour. Many GPs and Practice Nurses prefer to wash out ears with a flow of water under lesser pressure than syringing. Another way is to vacuum the excessive wax out....I kid you not!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts