Best headphones for sleeping: wired wireless and noise-cancelling

DCarmi

Being an insomniac of many years standing, I sleep with earphones every night. I cannot imagine trying to sleep with my AKG N60NCs let alone something like the Sony cans.

Form reference I went for earphones with the flattest back I could find. For several years now I have been using RHA M350 or RHA M390. I can sleep with the earphone pressed on the pillow without discomfort.

I now use a bluetooth receiver which I place under the pillow, because I kept pulling the phone onto the floor.

Of course, if I am specifically listening to music in bed, then I'll use my AKG or Sennheiser cans. If I am trying to nod off then never in a million years.

Lukalumen

Feb 24, 2022
Visit site
I don't understand how some of these can be on this list... How are you supposed to sleep with over ear headphones? That would be impossible.

Also, I bought the Sony C500 so I can wear them in bed and they completely useless as I keep pressing the buttons with the pillow.

DCarmi

So not much changes in reviews over the years! If you use headphones to get to sleep the last thing you want to do is wake up and have to remove them. Otherwise you damage your ears or break the things. Also if you do use headphones to get to sleep you will tend to do this habitually.

No-one would use over ear jobs to counter insomnia. They just wouldn't! You also would not want earphones that stick out too far because it hurts! Trust me, I've tried!

I have no experience of Air Pods so I'll reserve judgment on those. The only ones, from this list, that would likely work for most people would be the Soul Byrd. I know because I currently use Beat Byrds (RHA went bust unfortunately) and use a bluetooth receiver under the pillow.

Now, if you are listening to stuff before you go to sleep that is different to listening to stuff as you go to sleep. Before I go to sleep I'll use the best headphones I have to hand.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts